Reunited.

(Y/N) pov:

It has been 10 long years since I came to the Monastery and I've gotten a lot stronger. I'm at the front gate ready to meet the next batch of students that are enrolling in the officers academy this year.

I see many students all lined up three distinct groups of eight students each underneath a banner that represents their class. They go one by one as their names are called. I don't recognize any of them until the last member of the black eagles is introduced.

Reah: "The last member of the black eagle house is Bernadetta Von Varley."

The moment I hear that I'm amazed. She was much different from when I last saw her. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Reah starts to speak again.

Reah: "And as a surprise entry to the black eagle house is a commoner from the Varley territory that has endured so much at a young age yet has perservered to become the young man he is today. Please welcome (Y/N) (L/N)!"

I look at Bernadetta and she's in shock to say the very least.

Bernadetta pov:

I can't believe that (Y/N) is still alive. Well at least he's safe, but why is he here?What did she mean by endured so much?

(Y/N) pov:

The ceremony that presented the new students was cut short by a bandit attack. And everyone else was seperated from the three heirs. The knights are taking care of them quite easily. However I notice one ready to grab Bernadetta from behind. I rush towards her ready to swing Maelstrom.

(Y/N): "Bernie, duck."

She complies as I swing Maelstrom embedding the large axe into his chest before kicking his corpse off my weapon.

(Y/N): "Heya Bernie. Long time no see. I'd like to stay and chat, but I got some badits to take care of. Why don't we meet up during the weekend and catch up?"

You give her your brightest smile as she looks up at you as you offer your hand to help her up. She takes it.

Bernie: "I-I thought you were dead?"

(Y/N): "I'll explain it all to you later, but I got a job to do."

You and the knights of Seiros manage to get the bandits to flee. Everyone heads back to the Monastery as Alois and some of his men head out to look for the heirs. You lost track of Bernadetta and your trying to find her.

Bernadetta pov:

I just got to my room and shut and locked the door. Ever since the 'training' my father put me through I've resorted to locking myself up in my room. It feels like it's the only place I can be myself and feel safe.

I still don't know what to think about (Y/N) being alive. What if he's pretending to be nice? What if he hates me for not doing anything about those guards that attcked him? What if he's trying to kill me as some sort of revenge against my father? I'm soon brought out of my thoughts by a knock at the door.

(Y/N) pov:

I'm walking in the Monastery's main hall when I see a brown haired girl walk up to me.

???: "Hey there. I'm Dorothea pleasure to meet you."

(Y/N): "Same here. I'm (Y/N). Your in the black eagle house right?"

Dorothea: "Yep the only commoner in the black eagles."

(Y/N): "You forget I'm also in the black eagle house."

Dorothea: "Oh yeah I forgot. Well looks like we have something in common."

(Y/N): "Yep, hey you wouldn't happen to know where Bernadetta is would you?"

Dorothea: "Well last I saw her she was by the dormitory. You might want to check there."

(Y/N): "Thanks Dorothea. I'll see ya around."

Dorothea: "Later (Y/N)."

I start making my way to the dormitory looking at the names next to the doors when I eventually see Bernadetta's name so I decide to knock on the door. I hear what sounds to be shuffling before I hear a very faint voice.

Bernadetta: "Hello."

(Y/N): "Hey Bernie it's me (Y/N) I was wondering if you wanted to catch up for old times sake?"

Bernadetta: "I-if you d-don't mind I'd rather stay in my room. It was a long ride here and I want to rest."

(Y/N): "I understand I'll see ya around Bernie good night."

I walk off to train for the rest of the day the day then head to my dorm to fall asleep.