First mission.

(Y/N) pov:

Everyone is in the class as Edelgard discusses the details about today's mission

Edelgard: "Perfect timing, Professor. I just received word from the knights. They've located the bandits."

Hubert: "It seems they have them cornered. They are in Zanado, the Red Canyon."

Caspar: "I can't wait to get started! I'll strike down those heinous thieves before they know what hit them!"

Ferdinand: "Charge ahead if you must, Caspar. Just do not put the rest of us in danger."

Bernadetta: "I'm going back. I won't be of any help anyway, and I don't want to get hurt."

(Y/N): "Don't say that Bernie. You're a great shot. I saw how well you did in the mock battle."

Dorothea: "Don't worry, Bern. It's just some bandits. We'll have no trouble at all."

Linhardt: "Eh, don't get ahead of yourselves. Unfounded optimism isn't a great strategy. Let's just get this over with."

Petra: "There is nothing to get over. We will work with each other to achieve our mission."

Byleth: "You seem excited to get out there."

Edelgard: "It's time, Professor. Give us our orders, and let's move out."

We all start heading out towards the red canyon. You decide to stay close to Bernadetta to support her.

Bernadetta: "(Y/N), do you think we'll win?"

(Y/N): "Of course. Bandits act tough, but like most they are just people like us. We won't have any trouble."

Bernadetta smiles softly.

Bernadetta: "Thanks I hope your right."

After more traveling we arrive at the Red Canyon of Zanado. The bandits are seen standing scattered across the canyon.

Edelgard: "So this is the Red Canyon... A ruin of sorts by the look of it. Let's end this quickly. The thieves must have been driven back. Be careful, or the cornered mice might bite us."

The bandits get in a fighting stance.

Edelgard: "Professor...I hear there's a back road to the west. Why don't we split up and attack from both the west and the front? If we advance tactfully, we can attack our enemy from both sides. I leave the rest to you. Regardless, we must cross the bridge first."

Edelgard charges forward and slashes one of the bandits across the chest killing the instantly.

Edelgard: "Regrettable...but there was no other way."

Byleth follows close behind and impales another bandit and tosses their body over the bridge.

We progress even more before more bandits start approaching trying to put pressure on us.

Ferdinand slases a bandit three times before they fall down dead.

Ferdinand: "These ruffians are no match for a noble like me!"

Lindhardt casts Nosferatu as the targeted bandit is seen falling to the ground after having the life drained from him.

Linhardt: "I...I killed them. What have I done? The blood..."

As for the third bandit Dorothea gets close to him and fires a blast of electricity right at his chest as he is seen collapsing from the attack.

Dorothea: "So, is making us experience a real battle part of the church's teachings?"

Thief: "This is our treasure! We stole it fair and square!"

A thief charges Caspar as he dodges the attack and buries the axe in his back killing him.

Caspar: "Are all real battles this exciting? Come on, let's get on to the next one!"

Edelgard: "From here we should split up. Bernadetta, (Y/N). You two take the back road. Everyone else will keep pressure on the bandits.

Caspar: "I'll join up. That bandit had a key so I'm gonna see what they stole. I'll join up afterwards."

You and Bernadetta head towards the back road where you see a bandit on the bridge. Bernadetta draws an arrow and releases it as it peirces his skull and he dies.

Bernadetta: "I don't care if they're stealing! Can I go home?!"

(Y/N): "Sorry Bernie. No can do. We have to clear out these bandits."

As you two close in you see two bandits. They notice both of you. The one with a sword charges you as you parry his swing. He steps back as the other thief fires a fireball at you and you slash theough it and parry the thief again before kicking him in the chest and taking a large swing to take off his head in one fatal swing. The mage sends a bolt of lightning at you as a smoke cloud appears as you bring Maelstrom down to defend yourself.

Bernadetta: "No!"

She reaches for you as the rest of your class looks in your direction.

Byleth: "How could they? They just killed him without any remorse."

(Y/N): "Who said I was dead?"

Everyone looks shocked especially the mage.

(Y/N): "Thanks to Mealstrom here any electric based magic is completely useless."

You charge him and embed Maelstrom right into his chest and push him off before looking at his corpse.

(Y/N): "Whether it's the first time or the hundredth. The burden of killing never gets any lighter."

Edelgard: "Thank you for leading us, Professor. Though I suppose there was no way we could lose to a familiar foe. In any case, something about this canyon feels...inexplicably strange."

You all head back to report your victory to lady Rhea and enjoy a well deserved rest.