Catching up.

(Y/N) pov:

I had just gotten up and gotten ready. I make my way towards my class. Waiting for my professor to open the door.

As I wait I see a man with dark green hair approach.

(Y/N): "Morning sir. How has your morning been thus far?"

He looks at me then gives me a light smile.

???:"It's been good so far. Thank you for asking. My name is Byleth. What's yours?"

(Y/N): "Well that's good. The names (Y/N) (L/N). Are you a teacher?"

Byleth: "Indeed I am. I take it you are one of my students?"

(Y/N): "Yep."

You see everyone else appear and class starts and ends after a while. Bernadetta quickly gets up and speed walks to her room as (Y/N) manages to catch up.

(Y/N): "Hey Bernie!"

Bernadetta: "(Y/N)? What are you doing?"

(Y/N): "Well we have about a month before our first mission, so I figured we could try to catch up for old times sake. I understand if your busy though."

Bernadetta: "I was just heading to my room, but I guess we could catch up."

(Y/N): "Great follow me."

You lead Bernadetta to a large Gazebo where many other students are.

(Y/N): "Take a seat I'll be right back."

Bernadetta: "Wait where are you going?"

You see a worried look on her face and give her a reassuring smile.

(Y/N): "I'm just getting some tea for us. Oh yeah what kind of tea do you like?"

Bernadetta: "Um if it's not to much trouble could you get some Albinean Berry Blend?"

(Y/N): "Albinean Berry Blend? We've got plenty, plus I haven't tried that blend yet. You take a seat and I'll get the tea."

A small smile forms on her face.

Bernadetta: " Okay."

She takes a seat as you go get the tea.

Bernadetta pov:

Bernadetta: "(Y/N)'s been gone for a while now. Is he still getting the tea? What if he told me to come here to embarrass me? Maybe I should just go to my room."

All of a sudden a male with red messy spiked hair sits across from her.

???: "Hey there beautiful. What's a pretty girl like you doing here all by yourself?"

Bernadetta: "Um I- uh Iwas just uh-"

(Y/N): "Hey Bernie I got the tea. Who is this?"

???: "The names Sylvain and what do you think you're doing leaving this gem of a woman all by her lonesome?"

A tick make appears on (Y/N)'s head.

(Y/N): "I was getting some tea for us so we could catch up. Now if you don't mind I'm pretty sure there are plenty other people you can bother."

(Y/N) walks past him and sits down across from Bernadetta.

Sylvain: "I know when I'm not wanted. I'll see you later beautiful and hopefully you won't have mister buzzkill with you at that time."

Sylvain walks off.

(Y/N): "What a pest. Anyway."

He pours us both a cup of tea.

(Y/N): "So how have you been. It's been roughly 10 years since we've last talked. How has fate been treating you?"

I take a sip and place my cup on the table.

Bernadetta: "Well things could be better. Mom and dad have been arguing, but that's a normal occurrence more now than ever."

I feel a hand on mine. I look up to see his hand on mine. I look at him and he has a comforting smile on his face.

(Y/N): "You don't have to talk about it if it makes you uncomfortable. Just tell me what you want to and I'll listen."

Bernadetta: "Well what have you been up to? I thought you died that day. How did you survive?"

(Y/N) looks surprised. His face changes from surprise to sorrow.

(Y/N): "My dad found me where we were playing after the gaurds attacked me. He took me home and helped me recover, but barely."

Bernadetta: "What do you mean barely?"

(Y/N): "I only rested for about three hours before we heard some guards outside our house."

Bernadetta: "What happened?"

(Y/N): "The head guard said we were wanted for kidnapping you. They said we should meet our deaths with pride. My dad left for a moment and came back to give me the axe I weild today and told me to head to Garreg Mach and look for Alois."

Bernadetta: "You don't mean?"

(Y/N): "His last words were 'I love you son.' His moments of life. He sacrificed them to give me a chance to live."

Bernadetta: "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you relive those memories."

(Y/N): "That's enough about me. What happened to you? You used to be so energetic and playful?"

My face changes to sorrow.

Bernadetta: "If I tell you promise it doesn't leave us."

(Y/N): "I promise."

Bernadetta: "It was my father."

(Y/N)'s voice sounds angered, but he tries to sound comforting and supportive.

(Y/N): "What happened?"

Bernadetta: "After we got home after the guards attacked you he started putting me through "special training". He wanted to turn me into the "perfect wife" so he could sell me into marriage to enlarge his vast wealth even more."

(Y/N) is seen gritting his teeth as he attempts to not let his anger get the better of him. He then sees a single tear roll down Bernadetta's cheek.

Bernadetta: "He would attack me if I messed up on the smallest thing. He would tell me I was nothing and always made it hard for me to feel safe. It got so bad that I would lock myself in my room just to feel any sort of safety."

(Y/N) suddenly stands up and walks to the other side of the table and take a kneel in front of her as Bernadetta looks at him with tears in her eyes. (Y/N) the hugs her.

(Y/N): "No one deserves to go through that. I promise that as long as I live, as long as your within my reach. I will be there to listen to your problems, I will be the shoulder you can cry on. I can promise you I will do whatever I can to protect you and make you feel safe."

She returns the embrace.

Bernadetta: "Thank you. I needed this more than you know."

A few more hours pass with the two of them catching up before dusk starts to decend onto Garreg Mach.

(Y/N): "Well it's starting to get late. This was great. What do you say we do this again sometime?"

Bernadetta: "Of course."

And with that they go to their respective rooms and fall asleep.