Soldier in training.

(Y/N) pov:

You're just leaving after your class has been informed of your next mission. You see Edelgard, Hubert, Petra, and Caspar all ahead of you. All of you enter the training grounds and grab training weapons. You walk into the middle and close your eyes while standing still. Your classmates look at you confused before 10 soldiers surround you with training weapons in hand.

Soldier 1: "We'll beat you this time (Y/N)."

Soldier 2: "Yeah! You can't beat us this time."

They all charge as you open your eyes and jab one of them in the chest and spin around knocking four weapons away before expertly dodging the other five weapons.

Edelgard is shocked to say the least.

Hubert: "Impossible! How can he do such actions?"

Little did anyone know Bernadetta enters the grounds and witnesses (Y/N)'s training session.

A spear is thrusted towards your head as you move your head to the side, grab the spear, pull it towards you and knee the soldier in the stomach rendering him unable to continue. Three soldiers with swords approach from behind and you slash at them defeating them all.

Petra: "He is the amazing!"

Caspar: "Oh I can't wait to train with him!"

Only 6 soldiers remain. Two charge you as you throw the axe in the air and rush them. You duck their attacks and unleash a flurry of attacks defeating both of them and catching the axe as it falls. You charge the four remaining soldiers and with one powerful swing you defeat them all. You stand tall as you rest the axe on your shoulder.

(Y/N): "Nice try, but you won't defeat me unless you keep up on your training you slackers."

Edelgard approaches you and you look towards her direction.

Edelgard: "Your're quite the soldier. How were you able to do such a task?"

(Y/N): "I've been training since I was five, and kept up with my training five out seven days a week since I was five."

Edelgard: "Impressive. However I will be the judge of whether or not you're truly capable."

???: "I to wish to test your strength."

??? 2: "I see no problem with some friendly sparring. Count me in."

You look over to see two males. One wears blue with a training spear and the other wears yellow with a training bow.

Edelgard: "Claude, Dimitri? What brings you here?"

Claude: "Figured we'd do some training, but then we saw that incredible display of power and skill."

Dimitri: "Agreed. That was absolutely astounding the way you claimed victory despite those odds."

(Y/N): "Sure. Let's go."

Dimitri: "Wait aren't you going to pick an opponent?"

(Y/N): "I would, but I want a challenge. The only challenging opponents here are Cathrine, Shamir, Gilbert, and my guardian and father figure Alois."

Edelgard: "Well then don't expect us to go easy on you!"

She readies a training axe.

Dimitri: "You'll stand no chance alone. I hope you're ready!"

He prepares a training spear.

Claude: "I hope you're ready for my strategies."

He draws an arrow in his training bow.

(Y/N): "Now to test my limits."

You get in your battle position.

Edelgard and Dimitri charge at you simultaneously. You swing the axe in a way to parry with them both. As you clash you notice Claude releases the arrow. You push against Edelgard and Dimitri and push them back and swing your axe to send the arrow away.

Edelgard: "Keep your eyes on your opponents."

You turn and block a skyward axe swing from Edelgard. You notice Dimitri charge at you. You spin around Edelgard and slam your axe on Dimitri's spear before you push him back with your free hand. You take one step back avoiding another arrow and jab your axe towards Edelgard staggering her.

Claude: "We need to work together. If he keeps us separated he can pick us all off."

Dimitri seems to ignore Claude's words. He has an insane smile on his face as he brings the spear down, but you block it using both hands to hold your axe up.

(Y/N): "I haven't had an opponent this powerful in a long time."

You look at your axe and see it's starting to crack. You kick Dimitri in the stomach to get him to back up. Edelgard charges you and swings the axe at you as she does your axe snaps in two.

Edelgard: "Looks like we win."

You back up and ready your fists.

(Y/N): "Who said I can't continue?"

Dimitri thrusts his spear for your head, but you expertly dodge and grab his spear and unleash a flurry of punches and kicks until he can't get up.

Edelgard: "You can fight unarmed as well?"

(Y/N): "If anything I'm more dangerous without a weapon."

You catch an arrow that was aimed at you. Afterwards you charge Claude and defeat him quickly, but then your feet are swept out from under you and you see Edelgard with an axe at you neck.

Alois: "And the winners are the nobles."

You all look over and see Alois. You smile get up and approach him.

(Y/N): "You're back! How much did you see?"

Alois: "All of it."

He puts a hand on your shoulder.

Alois: "You did great my boy. Not everyone can be such a challenge for three powerful nobles such as them."

Edelgard: "You said 'My boy' is (Y/N) your child Alois?"

Alois: "No, but he is the son of the War Hero, Argus (L/N)."

Claude: "Wat your father is THE Argus (L/N)?"

You look down.

(Y/N): "Was. He died nearly ten years ago to protect me."

Dimitri: "You have my condolences. I too know the pain of losing a loved one."

Claude: "How did he die? He has many records when it comes to combat. Surely he can survive roughly anything."

(Y/N): "I'd rather not get into it. Anyway thanks for sparring with me. Later."

You walk off.

Bernadetta pov:

Bernadetta: "He's so strong. How did he get so powerful? He must have a reason."

Everything goes black as night arrives and everyone in the Monastery succumbs to sleep.