12

Warnings:
-None

George's POV

~ The Next Day ~

I was laying in my bed with my eyes closed. I just slept for hours and was slowly waking up. After I went to Clay last time, I stayed home the next day because I was exhausted from my asthma attack. My mother figured out I had one since I was really tired and pale so she made me rest today.

Since Clay printed a lot of surveys already, Sapnap and he were coming to my house today. Sapnap was going to practise the survey and would help a bit with other things we had to do.

I was waking up slowly and saw it was four pm. I yawned and rubbed my eyes, sitting up as I sighed softly. I was still really tired and stood up from my bed, grabbing an oversized hoodie since I was really cold. After changing my shorts into sweats, I walked downstairs as I yawned again.

'Mum?' I muttered as I walked in. 'Oh.'

I was startled when I saw Clay and Sapnap, but not my mother, on the couch. 'Oh, uh-. I just woke up,' I muttered. 'I'm sorry, I will do my hair.'

Clay was just grinning and looked at me. 'Don't worry about it, you look fine.'

'I'm so tired, I just woke up. I'm sorry, I slept for a long time.'

'It's fine, you needed it,' Sapnap answered me. 'We just talked to your mother.'

'About me? Or uh-?'

'We talked about the apartment.'

'Uh- oh. It's uh- I'm not uh- like poor. I'm uh- it's-.'

'Calm down, we don't judge you,' Clay said with a smile.

'Sorry, do you want a drink?'

'We already got one. Just sit down and relax for a bit,' Sapnap answered with a smile.

I nodded slowly and sat next to Clay. He seemed to tense up and I immediately stood back up. 'Sorry, I will sit on that chair.'

'No, I'm sorry. You can just sit here,' Clay said with a shy smile on his face.

I smiled and sat back down, sighing softly. 'I won't fall asleep again, I'm still sorry for falling asleep last time.'

Clay smiled and looked at me. 'Stop saying sorry. It's all fine.'

I looked around me. 'Uh- do I need to do something? I-.'

'George, sit down,' Sapnap said as he stood up. 'Just relax a bit. You just woke up and you're exhausted. We will work on the project in a second.'

I smiled at him and leaned back, reaching out to my pocket to grab my inhaler. I quickly took a puff and Clay started moving a lot.

'Are you okay?' he asked.

I nodded slowly. I didn't know what to say and Sapnap stood up. 'Your mother told us that you don't have a laptop or a computer so we can work with Clay's and my laptop.'

'Okay,' I nodded with a smile.

Clay grabbed his laptop too and put it down on his lap. 'You can uh- watch with me. Are you comfortable sitting closer? I mean, so I can put the laptop on both our laps.'

'It's fine,' I giggled. I moved closer to him and his face filled with a soft and sweet smile. He cleared his throat and stared down at our thighs touching. I hoped he wasn't uncomfortable or anything.

'So we have to- like- uh-.' Clay gave up and stared in front of him. 'Uh-.'

'What if I practise for the survey?' Sapnap asked. 'I can ask you the questions so I immediately have two people already.'

'Yeah, sure!' I said happily.

Sapnap smiled and started reading the first question, laying down two papers next to each other. The questions were really random since it was basically to see how people's personalities worked. We would see if we found very similar answers with the same personalities or completely different ones.

Sapnap asked us a lot of questions and looked down again.

'How many past relationships have you had?' he asked as he looked up at me. 'And do you currently have one?'

'Uh- I never had a relationship,' I whispered. 'I hope you don't mind.'

'Of course I don't mind. I never had one either,' Sapnap said with a smile.

'I had two girlfriends and I liked two boy-,' Clay started, but cut himself off. 'Uh- I mean uh- four girlfriends?'

He started shaking a bit and seemed to bite the inside of his cheek.

'I'm sorry,' he whispered as he jumped up. He ran off and I looked at Sapnap.

'Is he okay? Does he think I'm homophobic? I don't mind him liking guys if he meant that.'

Sapnap smiled. 'I'll ask him to come back. He's just really insecure, I'll talk to him, okay?'

I nodded and Sapnap stood up to go after Clay. They stayed together in a room for a few minutes and then Clay slowly walked back. His eyes seemed puffy and red as he sat down next to me.

'I'm sorry,' he whispered with a hoarse voice. 'I'll just be honest. I'm an emotional wreck, that's for sure. I'm bisexual, I liked two guys and they were both dumbasses which hurt me a lot. Please don't tell me to pick a side, because I will cry and run off like a baby.'

I smiled at him. 'Why would I tell you to pick a side? It's fine to be bisexual, it's a valid and real thing.'

Clay smiled. 'Thanks. Sorry for running off, I was just sad after I outed myself and thought back about those idiots in the past.'

'Do you want to talk about it?' I asked him.

He shrugged. 'Heartbreak just sucks, but I don't care about them much anymore,' he answered.

'Oh, I see. Do you like someone?' I giggled. 'You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, by the way. You're free to like whoever and you can keep it a secret if you're uncomfortable sharing.'

'I do think there's this really cute boy, but I don't want a relationship anymore. I just find him really sweet and kind,' Clay said as he looked at me with a big smile. 'I hope he knows that he's so sweet too.'

1039 words