The Battle

《Rimuru POV》

Just as I splash a potion of healing on Ranga I sense something coil around my stomach and pull me backwards just in time to prevent pike engulfed in a murky vile shadowy substance that came out of nowhere, "What the hell is that I didn't even sense it's presence!"

"I wish we could have met under more favourable circumstances Rimiru, however for now we need to concentrate on defeating him" the limb (vein) which were coiled around my midsection let me go. just in time as another one of the sinister lances pierces through several of the trees around us thoroughly deteriorating them from the inside within seconds turning them into black ash.

"What the hell is that!!" I land gracefully in front of a tall graceful woman with light leafy green hair and crystalline light skin, her eyes are cerulean blue. "We don't have the time for introductions but I want you to trust- look Out!" This time I am able to feel it... An ominous dreadful sensation in the surrounding clawing along my spine. "Wait. I'm afraid?" I think I don't even know what is attacking us and yet fear is taking hold of me. I quickly shake the ominous thoughts away and dive out of the way just in time to evade the lance coming from above. The lance smashes the ground before me with a loud and thunderous BOOM and covers the area with dust and flames. "THAT'S NOT HOW SPEARS ARE SUPPOSED TO WORK!!"

"I missed." A calm and cool voice cuts through the dust and a set of vermilion eyes with vertically slit pupils stare at me with no emotion.

"B-brother?" The pink-haired girl mumbles softly her hand slowly wrapping around her mouth and tears start streaming freely down her face

"B-brother?" The pink-haired girl mumbles softly her hand slowly wrapping around her mouth and tears start streaming freely down her face. "Brother! You are alive!" The red-haired ogre yells while smiling like a mad man.

The white-haired boy doesn't pay them any heed and keeps gazing at me with all of his attention entirely on me.

"Scanning Area For Hostile Entities."

The boy stares away from me and towards the green-haired lady all the while displaying no emotions.

"Scan Successful, Two Entities Exhibit Hostile Behaviour"

The boy slowly gets in a battle stance with his back slightly bent towards me and legs apart from each other.

"Disabling Temporary Skill Barriers"

The boy closes his eyes and takes in steady breaths. "Be on your guard whatever he is doing can't be good" the lady advises.

SPECIAL SKILLS HAVE BEEN TEMPORALLY ENABLED.

《 SHADOW MANIPULATION 》
《 SHADOW TRANSFORMATION 》
《 SHADOW TRAVELING 》
《 SHADOW TRANSMUTATION 》

《 AUTO BATTLE MODE HAS BEEN ENABLED. SURVIVAL RATE GREATLY INCREASED.》