Chapter 3.

"There he is," Mouth says nodding his head at the back of the court yard after school. You take a breath and walk over to him. The guys hesitate but slowly follow after you.

You look down at him, "Are you Hayes?" You ask smiling. "Yeah, and who are you?" He asks standing up. "I'm new, that's all you need to know but I'm gonna need you to back off them," you say pointing to the guys.

He laughs, "Really? You couldn't man up enough and face me yourself?! Had to get a girl on your team?" He teases smirking at them. "Hey! Don't get mad just cause girls are the stronger gender," you say.

"Oh really? And what exactly are you gonna do? Hm?" He asks walking closer to you. "Chill, you wouldn't hit a girl would you?" You say crossing your arms. He rolls his eyes and stares at Joey, Mouth, and Book. "Your not getting off easy," he says walking away.

The guys smile and you turn around. "He's stupid," you say walking over to them. "He's not gonna leave y'all alone," you say shaking your head.

They frown and y'all head home. Mouth walks you up to your porch and smirks at you. "So, how do you like the school?" He asks. You shrug and turn to face him.

"It's alright," you say. You look up at him and think about the time you first met, kind of wishing you could relive it. "I gotta get home, moms not gonna keep food on the table all night," he says smirking at you.

You laugh awkwardly and look at the ground, "thanks for showing me around, I honestly would have been totally lost if it wasn't for you," you say smiling.

He smiles, nods, and walks away to his house.