Chapter 7.

"Math is to damn hard," Mouth says throwing down his pencil and leaning back in his chair. You look at the clock, "we only have like half an hour left then we get to go home, ok," you say.

"Yea but if we don't finish in time it's homework! I mean what even is the point of homework? We sit in a chair and learn stupid stuff all day then go home and do more work, I go home to get away from school and not do work!" Mouth argues. You shrug and look at him, "well let's finish so we won't have homework," you say. He stares at you, sighs, and picks his pencil back up.

"See, we finished just in time, if we waited any longer we would have had homework," you say nudging him. "Yeah, yeah, whatever," he replies while shoving his hands in his pockets.

Joey and Book walk over beside y'all as y'all start to walk home. "Has anyone seen Hayes lately?" Book asks. "No, why?" You ask. "I don't know, he hasn't been around much, it just seems weird," Book says looking down.

"Cheer up Bookie, maybe he's backing off a bit, this is a good thing," Mouth says. Book shrugs and continues to stare at his feet while you all walk home.

A little while later you look up. "Shit," Joey says as y'all pause. Standing in front of you was Hayes, just a few feet away.

You all look at one another, not sure what to do. He slowly walks closer, no one says anything. "Surprise," he says putting his hands in the air and smiling. You roll your eyes and stare at him.

"What, can't talk!" He says. "How about you Piggy, don't have anything to say?" He teases. He laughs as y'all stand there. "Go away Hayes!" Joey says.

Hayes stares at him, "Nah, I think I'm good," he says. You look at them for a second, "I don't think I ever caught your name," Hayes says standing in front of you. "Your new, well come on, I don't have all day," he says. You roll your eyes, "y/n," you say crossing your arms, "and I would like for you to leave us alone, what did we ever do to you?"

He laughs, shrugs, then slowly walks away, saying nothing. You shake your head turning around and watching him walk away. "C'mon y/n, he's not worth it," Mouth says spinning you around and putting his arm around your shoulders.