Chapter 9.

"I'm so glad it's almost Christmas break," Mouth says shoving his hands in his pockets. "Me to, hey are any of you planning to go to the dance tomorrow night?" Joey asks.

You all shrug. "I mean it could be fun," you say. They nod and y'all continue to walk to class.

You walk into your first period class and see someone new was sitting in front of your seat. You slowly walk over and sit down.

"Hey, you new here?" You ask tapping her shoulder. She turns around and smiles a bit, "uh, yeah, my names Hayley," she says. "Y/n, I used to be new here to but you get used to it pretty easily," you say.

She smiles and nods at you. Y'all start to talk a bit more and find out y'all had quiet a bit in common. "So did you hear about the dance tomorrow night?" You ask. "Yes! I did, it sounds really fun, do you maybe wanna go together? As friends!" She says. You laugh, "yeah sure, is it ok if some of my friends come along?" You ask. "Of course!"

"Boys! We are going to the Christmas dance tomorrow night!" You say walking over to them at the lunch table. "Uh, with who?" Books asks. "Ourselves! Who else," you laugh. He shrugs and Hayley walks over.

"Oh, guys this is Hayley, she's new here," you say. Hayley shying waves to them and the softly wave back. "Is she coming to?" Mouth asks. "Yes I am," she answers. Mouth gives her a thumbs up and continues to eat.

You and Hayley sit down with them until lunch was over. The rest of the day you and Hayley talked about the dance and what your plans were for it.

"So, I know we are going to the dance as friends but do you have anyone you might like," she says looking at you. "I, uh," you mumble. "Oh come on! I know there must be someone you would like to take as a date!" She insists. You sigh and blush a little.

"There someone actually," you say looking down. She laughs and scoots closer. "Hey wait up!" You here Joey yell as they run up beside you and Hayley. "Uh we were thinking about walking home, just the two of us," you say.

They pause, "fine, we know when we aren't wanted," Mouth say as he crosses his arms and walks away. You laugh and roll your eyes as they follow after him.

"You still staying over tonight?" You ask Hayley as y'all continue to walk to your house. "You know it!" She says smiling.

Y'all get to your house and run straight to your room. "Now that the boys are out of the way, who did you wanna take to the dance?" She asks excitedly.

You look around a bit and blush, "alright, I wanted to take Mouth," you say. "But he's already coming with us," she says laughing. "I know but I meant just the two of us," you say.

Hayley nods, "well then we have to find something to impress him!" She says running over to your closet. She looks around a bit, "you don't have anything kinda Christmas themed? Any red, white, or even green dresses?" She asks. "I'm not that big on dresses," you reply awkwardly.

She bites her lip and sits back down on the bed, "well you can barrow something from me! We look about the same size," she says smiling. You nod and smile back at her.