Chapter 4.

"I think you might have a cold hun," your mom says putting her hand to your forehead. "So that means I get to stay home?" You ask sitting up. "Well I suppose so," she says standing up.

You smile and lay back down pulling the sheets halfway over your head. You fall back asleep but a few hours later get woken up by a bang.

You jump up and see rocks getting thrown at your window, "what the hell," you mumble to yourself as you walk over to the window.

You open it and look down to see Mouth waving at you. "Aren't you supposed to be at school?" You yell from your window. "It's lunch, plus it's not like anyone's gonna care that I'm gone," he yells back cupping his hands around his mouth to make himself seem louder.

You shake your head and close your window. You grab a jacket and slowly walk downstairs to see if your mom was at work or not. You smile seeing that she wasn't home.

You open the door and walk over to Mouth. "What's with the jacket? It's burning out here," he laughs. "Uh, I have a cold," you answer. "Oh! Give it to me, then we can skip school together," he says walking closer to you. "I'm sure if you miss anymore school, you'll be expelled," you say pushing him away. "Even better! No school!" He says.

You laugh and nudge him. "So why'd you come here?" You ask. "Wanted to make sure you were ok. Why, don't want me here?" He teases. "Yes, that's exactly why I came out here sick, to tell you I don't want you here," you laugh. "Ah, I knew it," he jokes.

You role your eyes blushing as y'all start to walk around the neighborhood. It was easier to walk around knowing Hayes was at school and wouldn't bother you. You had moved in a few weeks ago and had already gotten really sick of Hayes. You tried to keep your mind off Hayes and enjoy the time you had without him around.

You look at your watch and sigh. "I think you should probably get back to school," you say. He grabs your arm and looks at the watch. "Shit," he says, "Well, I guess we'll have to continue this later," he smiles. "I guess so," you say as you walk back up your driveway.

He waves bye and jumps on his bike. He rides away and soon became out of view. You walk back inside and head straight to your bed to go back to sleep.