5.

"Vic, are you ready?" He says getting up on his horse.
"Yeah." Vic says getting up. "You still have not told me what we are going to do?"
"I can't tell you." He smiles. "Try and keep up." He turns and says.
"You try and keep up." Walt took off but she was not too far behind him.

They ride for a while and stop at a creek for the horses to get water.
"What are you doing?" Vic asks.
"Setting up."
"Are you having a picnic?"
"Yep." She sits down across from him.
"Hold on I forgot something on my saddle." He gets up and goes behind her. Vic hears him unbuckle things. But it was taking him a long time to get. "Not too long ago I realized I didn't want to be alone for the first time in years. I wanted to spend it with someone."
"Walt,-" She turned around. Vic put her hand over my mouth. "Walt, no you're not."
"I am." He says down on one knee. "Vic, will you do me the honor and marry me?"
"Yes." She held out her left hand that was shaking with excitement. He put the ring on. "Oh my. It's beautiful." She wrapped her arms around him.
"I knew you'd like it."
"I love you unconditionally." She says crying.
"I love you so much too." He says giving her a kiss.
"Would you look at that, I'm getting married." She wiped her eyes looking at the ring, then back at him. He looks at her with a wide smile.
"We are getting married." He corrected her.
"We are." She says giving him another hug. "Thank you."
"For what?"
"Everything." She played with the button on his shirt. "For loving me, getting me through everything, being there for me all those times I needed someone, for my forever."

They finally started eating.
"You know I won't be able to wear that on the job?"
"Yeah I know. I have another one for you back at the house. It's silicon."
"Oh, cool. I was going to get one of those when I was mar- Never mind."
"It's ok, Vic. I don't mind. I was married before you too."
"I know but I don't want to keep looking at the past."
"People depend on the past now these days.                                       

"How about we go home and watch the sunset from the porch?" She asks.
"Sure." They got up on their horses and rode. They get home, feed the horses and put the saddles away.
"I'm going to grab a blanket. Do you want anything?"
"A beer." She ran to grab both things plus a beer for herself. She went back out and sat down and his side.
"Here's to our new chapter." She said taking a drink. She scooted closer to sit right next to him. Vic leaned  on his shoulder looking at the sky.
"We are really doing this?" She said looking at him.
"I guess we are." He paused. "Since you came to absaroka, this is the happiest I have seen you." Vic smiled.
"Cause I'm with you. But also, I have never seen you smile more."
"I have to be honest with you." He says.
"Ok."
"Ever since you came here I have liked you."
"What-? Why didn't you say anything? I wouldn't have been with Eman or Travis."
"I didn't know what to do. But we eventually came together." I take his hand in both of mine.
"Come on let's go inside. To bed." They both stood up. He starts walking and Vic just stood there. Walt looked back.
"Aren't you coming?"
"Carry me."
"You're like a damn baby." He laughs. He picked her up and went in the front door. He took Vic to bed.
"Ah, Walt." I say turning over. "I get to live here forever. Best part it's with you."