𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

Astrid should've known something was up at this new boarding school when the night before she moves in it ends with a dream visit from her mother, Aphrodite. Her lovely, beautiful, meddlesome mother. Now, Astrid loves her mom as much as one can when one of their parents is a Greek goddess, which means respect with a little bit of distance and zero expectations, she likes to keep in mind her mortality against their immortal-ness.

She had just turned in after a night of packing for Yancy with help from her very much mortal maman, Evelyn, when she was whisked away to the front steps of their château back in France. Smiling at the familiar sight, Astrid missed her home already, but for now New York will do.

Astrid took tentative steps onwards and was about to knock when the grand doors opened. She expected to see an ornate foyer complete with chequered floors, a chandelier, maybe a grand staircase. To her surprise, it instead opened directly into a garden filled with innumerable flowers, a rainbow of colours with the most delicate scents. Astrid would've liked to tell you herself what exactly it smelt like, but just as she put her finger on it the scent would escape her replaced by another.

Taking a look around the low garden maze of flowers, in the middle was a gazebo, complete with a set for an afternoon English tea with tiered scones and other delicacies. Astrid slowly made her way around the maze towards a figure sitting on one of the seats.

Recognizing who else could the figure be, she took off on a faster pace, happy for time with her other mother before she's off for another boarding school in the city.

"Mother," Astrid smiled shyly at the woman in front of her with brown hair flowing down in waves and the softest brown eyes one can gaze on, and a dress of beautiful sage green that draped nicely over her arms. It was the same appearance she saw her since the first time, never changing. Well, maybe in a new dress, gods forbid you saw her in the same outfit twice. Astrid doesn't know what to feel, knowing her mothers were the two most beautiful women she'd ever seen.

Astrid continued with a little curtsy just for fun that ended with Aphrodite giggling at her daughter's antics.

"Oh, you flatter me with your manners, darling; if only your other siblings are as courteous as you," Aphrodite replies, daintily setting her head on her hands on the table. "Take a seat, dear, I have quite a lot to speak with you today and not enough time."

Astrid reigned back her surprise at her mother being forward this time and swallowed back fear to hoping it wasn't anything bad.

She waited for her mother to start, placing her hands on top of each other on her lap. The teapot, by itself, pours her a cup of tea that floats towards her. She took it with one hand, another on the rim, and takes a sip. Linden flower.

Astrid puts her cup and looks to her mother, waiting for her to start. Aphrodite hums as she stirs in the sugar in her tea.

She tried not to fiddle with the cup on the saucer in front of her, waiting for her mother to continue. "What-"

"Oh! Yes, I almost forgot, I have a little present for you! For the years to come, I hope you find it useful." Aphrodite twitters excitedly.

"Oh no, you didn't have to. Really." She shakes her head with a smile, but inside began a swirl of emotions, what were the next years going to be like for her to need this gift?

"I'm just so excited! I can't believe it's starting already, with my very own daughter! I couldn't be more proud of you, sweetie."

Astrid can't help but widen her eyes at this. What the hell was starting? Interesting enough for her mother to pay attention- oh. No rushing these things then.