₀₁

Astrid didn't have high hopes for Yancy Academy. Sure, this wouldn't be her first time at a new boarding school, she should've been used to it by now. But with the location being in New York she expected herself to be a little more excited until it settled into her that she'd be stuck inside the campus for most of the time unable to roam the streets and explore Fifth Avenue.

She looked around the dorm and her side of the room. She had filled her windowsill with potted plants, hoping to bring some life and colour inside. The gauzy curtains she'd substituted flitted over them, framing a view into the enchanting woods outside along with s fresh smell of pine, the Hudson River in the distance.

Her roommate still hadn't arrived by the time she came back after getting hot water from the commons' area for her tea. She was surprised to find out it was a boy. Sure, she had gone to co-ed schools, but never co-ed dorms. It was a nice surprise that she kept trying out new things ever since coming here.

Pouring herself the cup of tea she promised herself as a treat for overcoming getting to school, she set it down on her bedside table and settled herself on the edge of her bed, and popped on her earphones, ready to start a new audiobook on her iPod. She gazed outside her window and thanked her lucky stars that at least she got a break with this good view.

Between sips of tea and organizing her luggage to their rightful places, it was well past lunch when the door to her dorm opened, and a knock shook her out of her concentration.

"Am I in the right dorm?" the boy outside, asked her, confusion on his face. He had windswept black hair and sea-green eyes that shone like gems. Astrid thought he was the cutest boy she'd seen yet. Well, apart from her brothers, but that was a given.

"Are you Perseus Jackson?"

"Yeah, but just Percy is fine," He scratched the back of his neck.

"Then yup, we're roommates for the year." Astrid stood up from folding her clothes to greet him at the door, offering help for his bags. He insisted he didn't need help, so she let him be.

"So, you must be Astrid?"

"Correct. Astrid Andromeda Alarie, at your service." She completed it along with a little bow of her head.

"Your initials are A.A.A. Like the battery?" He stuttered when he realized what came out of his mouth, trusting in him to fuck up first impressions with a cute girl. He looked at her, expecting to see her looking appalled, but was instead met with soft giggles and an amused sheen in her eyes.