₀₂

Astrid was glad for once that Percy's hair was long enough even for the most minuscule of braids

Astrid was glad for once that Percy's hair was long enough even for the most minuscule of braids. If only to distract her from the chaos in the bus, no matter how much she pestered him to get a haircut.

Pretty things have always caught Astrid's eyes. It was after all the most ways she'd made friends. So it was safe to say she was looking forward to this trip ever since its announcement. To preface things, Astrid actually liked museums. Especially the ones filled with paintings and pretty sculptures. None of that bland modernist bore some would kill to call "art". It just so happened that on this trip everything went to shit. The usual demigod menu.

It also didn't help that for some inane reason, Nancy couldn't sit still for once and kept chucking bits of her sandwich at Grover, who was to Percy's right. Sometimes she would miss, and it would get on Astrid's dress which she picked specifically for going out.

Oh, how Astrid would love to use her charmspeak on her.

It was no use skirting her powers around Mrs. Dodds. The moment their maths teachers realized they were a package, whatever Percy got in trouble for, Astrid was always somehow dragged in. Astrid can't wait to use her mother's gift on the monster, whichever you'd like to pick.

Sitting near the back of the bus, Astrid peeked to the front, where Mrs. Dodds was turning a blind eye to everything Nancy was doing. A smile graced her lips.

"I'm going to kill her," Percy mumbled.

Grover tried to calm him down. "It's okay, I like peanut butter."

"But I don't, and I appreciate the sentiment for the dress, Percy, but no need." Astrid smiled at him.

Astrid flicked off another bit that landed on her dress.

"That's it." Percy started to get up, but Astrid quickly pulled him down to his seat.

"You're already on probation, and you know we'll both get blamed if shit happens." She reminded him. "Now, watch."

Astrid stood from her window seat and looked Nancy straight in the eye, she found her charmspeak works better if her target was looking at her. And in a sickly sweet voice, she slowly said, "Nancy, honey, shove that sandwich in your mouth and swallow."

Unaware of her own hands, Nancy did as she was told, nearly choking on what's left of the sandwich going down her throat. She stood to grab Astrid, but she leaned back before she could reach her.

"Now, no need to be violent. Sit down and don't leave your seat."

Simple, easy, innocent.

Percy stared at her, gobsmacked. "That was amazing. Is it the pretty face? Think makeup will work for me?"

Astrid laughed at him. "Sure, I'll let you practice back in the dorm."

Sadly, Astrid had to order Nancy to stand back up after receiving a look from Chiron that told her she can't leave her sitting there all day.