21

A/N: Its been a long time since I wrote a real life story so beware of the cringe. And also since my birthday is coming soon, I'm going to make a QnA chapter with your questions! So don't be shy and drop some questions in the comments, I will answer them :).  Ok enough talking lets start the chapter.

Scaramouche POV

Multiple thoughts of guilt and regret flooded my mind as I walked to her inn in Inazuma. I remembered she came to Inazuma to find me a few days ago, don't know why though. After a few minutes of walking and a bit sprinting, I ended up appearing on her front door. "Come on Scaramouche, its your sister. There is nothing to worry about" I mumbled, clenching my fists. But, as much as I force myself to knock the door, I just cant. 

What if she hates me after I said the sentence.. No, she wont. I'm her brother after all.

"UGH I JUST CANT!" I raised my voice, causing the citizens to look at me.

 "Isn't that the 6th of the Fatui harbingers?"

" Why is he here?"

"Don't tell me he is going to cause trouble?!"

People asked one another. My face went from pale to light red out of embarrassment in an instant. Just as I was about to give up and go home, somebody touched the top of my shoulder. I turned around and saw Ei and a pink fox on her head staring at me.  "Yo, your Scaramouche, the Balladeer right? The one whom Miko gave my gnosis to?" said Ei.

"What about it?" I replied coldly. The fox on Ei's head which I assumed its Yae Miko due to the earpiece on her left ear growled at me, sort of like she's saying Back off bitch. The growl sent chills down my spine. "Don't worry about Miko, she's quite protective." Ei chuckled, grabbing Yae from her head and releasing the fox. "S-Sure.." I stuttered, worrying that Yae will bite my hand off if I said any thing mean to Ei.  "So are you here to apologize to Mona?" the purple-haired woman asked.

"Yeah.. but I cant seem to gather enough confidence to even say a 'Hi' to her" I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck. 

Yae's ears twitched a little, her mouth form what looks to be a small smile. She immediately ran to the door and used her small paw to knock the front door.  By the time I noticed it, it's already too late. "Eh what?? Yae!" I raised my voice, wanted to give her a scolding. But Ei and Yae was gone. "How did they.." I asked myself. "Isn't it obvious brother? They ran off." A familiar voice answered. I turned around and saw Mona who is wearing a hoodie, leaning against the door frame and titling her head. 

"O-Oh Mona, uh hello!" I answered awkwardly. Mona doesn't seem amused or happy like the way she used to be. She looks sad and upset, which makes sense since I talked about her childhood trauma. "Are you just going to stand there or come inside?" Mona asked. "Oh right.." I looked down, walking into the inn. I heard Mona mumbling a "Stupid as always" but I didn't answer. "Woah it's big.." I whispered. "Follow me to my bedroom, I know you want to tell me something." Mona commanded. I was scared, but I followed her anyway.  

As I stepped into her room, I saw a picture of me and Mona as children hanging on the left. I was only 10 while she's 8. We look very happy, not like we are now. I couldn't help but smile, wondering where has the time gone. Mona must have saw me staring at it since she said "I wanted to throw that away but it has my childhood memories in it." "Anyway what were you going to say to me?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Right.. Mona I.." I said, looking away from her. Its fine just say your sorry its going to be fine  I said in my mind. I took a deep breath and said something I never said in a long time. "Mona I.. I'm sorry for talking about mother and the abuse.. I shouldn't say that" I apologized, knowing Mona won't forgive me. Instead of replying, she snickered, then burst out laughing. "Oh Scaramouche, you know I forgave you already right?" Mona said, wiping off her tears. "Wait what??" I asked. She never forgive people that easily. 

"When you said about the abuse, I know you didn't mean it. After all, you are my brother, I know you best."  she chuckled, taking off my hat and ruffled my hair.  I felt tears rolling down my cheeks when she said that. "Pfft, are you crying?" Mona teased, pointing at my tears. "N-No?!" I stuttered, wiping away my tears. "Uh yeah you are haha." She teased again, I rolled my eyes over that girl. Then she said 4 words that I will never forget. 

"I love you brother."

"....I love you too sis."

A/N: Not me forgetting to post this yesterday haha