run for it, grab it

that very day luke was very excited to see the new place they had just bought last week.

he never really got to see the place before, since only mr. b and axel toma had meet up with the estate's owner.

he really wanted to check it out and see if there are any places to spare for his pranks. too bad, he was told to stay behind, but it also give him enough reason to gloat over north's misfortune when he was also told to stay.

actually, all of his brothers except mr. blackbourne and axel were told stay behind and they had no choice but to obliged, even though some of them aren't willing - by some of them, luke and north were included.

let's not forget about gabriel, who was close to throwing a tantrum. the fashion-style lover was very eager and excited to see the interior design and furnitures, but was mercilessly turn down instead.

luckily, when both leaders got home from checking the estate, they share a few tad bits of information about the place.

from the words of mr. b, “the new place was a good deal”

their group had grown enormous over the past few years. from being a nine-dog team to fourteen members. they needed a new place - a new big place that was enough for all of them to live under the same roof.

so imagine luke's surprise, and gabriel's  gawking expression when they saw the mansion - no, it was more like a castle than a mansion if luke had to describe it - who stood tall and proud at the edge of the forbidden forest of north carolina.

he could see the old and dry paint, and dust that clings to its walls. though it was only a shell of its former glory - it was still a castle.

the gears in his head started turning, he could already imagine himself running through the huge hallways while laughing for a job well-done with a fuming red-face north running after him.

luke had the usual daydream smile on his lips, his eyes seem unfocused and pre-occupied with his head playing in the clouds.

gabriel who was standing beside him, rolled his eyes when he realize that luke was off to his dreamland.

“oi, snap out of it, you fucker!” he smack his daydreaming brother back to reality.

the poor blonde sheepishly scratch the back of his head where gabriel had hit him. though the boy didn't hit him too hard, it took him by surprise and snap him out of his own reverie.

he could hear gabriel's quiet snicker behind his back, happy from smacking him in the head.

too bad, he wasn't known for being a prankster and a troublemaker without getting through with revenge.

he suddenly had the urged to crave for something sweet. luckily, he always comes prepared and took a single chocolate bar from his pockets. he hide his evil smirk and took a bite from his sweet candy.

gabriel had seen the gleam from luke's smiling eyes and suddenly felt an ominous feeling. he unconsciously distance himself from luke. there was no fucking way would he let his guard down around that fucker, who had strange look on his face.

“stop fucking looking at me like that!” he hissed towards luke who keeps sending him a funny look.

luke only let out a laugh before giving him another look - a look so familiar that he couldn't ignore. oh, he knows that look so well and it was brewing with trouble and chaos - especially trouble.

when he saw that gabriel was siding with him for fun, he quietly glance at north who was not too far away from him.

he then realize that his little brother was already looking at him with eyebrows raised.

“what?” he tried to feign innocence, but north was too smart and paranoid to fall for his petty tricks.

north let out a growl, “don't you dare fucking run”

they were blood-related for a reason, stubborn runs through their very veins. so with a count of three, luke and gabriel made a run for it. of course, it was accompanied with their messy giggles and north's growling in the background.

“LUCIAN!”

“luke, i was serious when i said to not fucking run!” north exasperatedly shouted but only to be ignored by two adults, acting like five years old kids.

he could feel his blood pressure rising from the stress. only to calm down from the high, when he felt a reassuring pat on his shoulders.

“calm down, brother” he could hear the thick accent that rolls off from his brother's tongue.

north grunt.

the rest of them, followed after the two, who was running through the green lawn. the grass was slightly moisture from last night's rain.

dakota could feel his feet slightly sinking into the ground with each step he takes. it made him slightly uneasy. why does it feel like the grass was trying to touch and grope his shoes like they were a pair of hands?

...or is it just his imagination?

he started to let out a string of numbers under his breath.

1... 1.5... 2... 2.5... 3... 3.5... 4...

“gabe!”

gabriel was chasing luke when he tripped over and fell down, face plant to the growing grass. he could fucking hear luke laughing at him.

so much for being a brother.

that motherfucker!

loud curses came out from his mouth like endless river. “who fucking grab me!?” he swear to God to make that prick regret it.

there was a lingering touch of pain from from the upper part of his face especially his nose, even without looking he knew he had grown a second head on his forehead.

victor and corey helped him to steady on his feet. with eyes filled with concern behind the lenses of his glasses, kota asked him, “are you alright, gabe?”

instead, he blows up with another question, “who fucking did it!?”

his band of brothers who came running towards him when he had fallen, look at him confused. each of them all had their eyebrows furrowed and foreheads creased - except for a certain russian who was very satisfied with the distance and perimeter of the estate.

nathan was the one who asked him, “what do you mean, gabe? did what exactly?”

“someone grab me!” he shrieks, clearly freaking out.

a/n: i would like to take this moment to - ahhhh! i'm so happy!*squeals* - thank you, thank you, thank you so much for reading. the appreciation and kindness it really warms my heart and i thank you for all those who had added my story to their reading list - you know who you are - thank you!

❝ if you had run for your dreams, grab it without hesitation, and don't let go❞