searching, scavenging

this chapter is dedicated to:
lovebug429
littlefoodi
Aediela00
Kalekona01
Princess18847

vivid emerald eyes as green as the leaves in the forest meet with cerulean eyes as clear and blue as the ocean.

corey didn't know what happen, but the moment he blinked - breaking their eye contact in the process - the girl was gone, and the room had changed.

the next thing he knew, he was relocated back to the first floor, where his room used to be.

now, he stood in the empty hallway, darkness lurking from all sides, but the girl who was bound by chains was nowhere to be seen, and he couldn't help but doubt if it was just his mere imagination tricking him to believe such lies.

- no, it was too real.

too lucid. so vivid.

he had seen the look in her eyes. those beautiful sparkly green pair of eyes. amidst the mischief and misery that lies within it, holds a guise of hope.

hope to what? he doesn't know, but he would soon find out.

⑉⑉⑉⑉

the next day, corey is seen between stack and piles of books somewhere in the corner of one of the old libraries in the castle.

at first, the boy had no idea what he was looking for. he had no clue what book to look for, the only thing in his mind was about the girl who had torn him between reality and fantasy. the image of her soft olive green eyes continues to play from his mind like a broken time-loop. unable to break free from his thoughts, what scared him the most was how willing he was to stuck in a mere fantasy while he greedily continues to drown in the pool of her toxic eyes.

it confuses him.

at the same time, a part of him feared for the tiniest bit of attachment he had attached upon the girl he only stumbled upon in a deadly and cold night. 

he had only met her - if you call it a meeting under five seconds of eye-contact - and he's already grown softer towards a stranger, nonetheless.

a stranger, from what he could conjure from their brief encounter, who lives under the same roof with him and his brothers.

…and it didn't seem that her stay was recent. from the rusty chains that bound her limbs and the thick layer of centuries-old dust that covered the underground floor was hinting about it, he could deduce the girl had been living under the manor before his family had come intruding in.

it made him wary.

it made him curious.

after all, between the henshaw twins, envious he might be of brandon's strength and brawn, but he was the level-headed and brains that his twin brother lacks.

… and no one wants a curious corey henshaw. 'cause once his curiosity had ignited like a fury of flame, he would search high and low to doused his burning curiosity, by hook or by crook - well, mostly by hook.

⑉⑉⑉⑉

corey had been spending his time in the library, kota noticed. in the beginning, the second-in-command didn't seem to care, never dwelling on the matter, thinking it was only a passing moment, but as time passed, the longer corey became more attached to a room filled with old and new books.

he realized, it was more than a passing moment.

the blue-eyed boy had wasted his days away, hanging into the words of a mere book and the light of his laptop screen. kota had no idea what was going on, but it appears that there was something he was looking for.