coward creatures

this chapter is dedicated to:
Sarahmarieblack
CierraAllison4
BoiteloGenesis
theabondegaard
KRClarkOfficial

corey had a confused look on his face. he didn't know how or when it happen, but the moment he open his bedroom door, he realized that his room was relocated somewhere in the castle.

“this must be the third floor mr. blackbourne was talking about” he mumbled to himself as he glance at the tapestries and old paintings that was displayed on the wall.

his stare stop on a single painting which held a young princess who was innocently smiling, she had a cute chubby black cat that quietly lays on her lap while asleep. her golden hair fall past her shoulders as she had her head lowered while gazing at the cat.

it was supposed to be a cute picture, but the seemingly red paint that smeared on her white dress said otherwise.

if corey didn't know better, he would think that the red paint looks like blood, but he wasn't artistic enough to make the judgement.

what if it was part of her dress?

what if the painter made a mistake?

what if it was meant to look like that?

what if he was just overthinking things?

from below, he spotted something handwritten at the bottom part of the painting.

he squinted his gaze and looks closely out of mere curiosity.

here lies, sang’

that's what it said.

before he could further think of it, he heard a deep familiar voice calling his name. he takes his eyes off from the painting and turn towards the direction where the voice came from.

curious cerulean blue eyes meets identical ones.

it was brandon, who had his eyebrows raised in curiosity.

“oh, it's you...” corey sighed as he straighten himself and went near to his twin brother. “what are you doing here?”

“i'm wondering as well.” brandon said “what are you doing here?”

“i asked first”

“fine. i was looking for you. axel had something to discuss with you” his twin brother answered before brushing his fingers through his sun-kissed blond hair that was very identical to corey.

the younger twin, corey, wears a look of understanding, “i see. well, then, let's go.”

“you didn't answer my question. what were you doing here?” even though he was asking with an undescribable tone, he followed corey who was walking through the halls. “didn't mr. blackbourne said, the third floor is off-limits?”

“unfortunately, yes.”

“then what were you doing here?” brandon asked for the third time, clearly not dropping the topic until the question itself was answered.

“that's what i'm trying to find out.” corey spoke, deep in his thoughts.

how did his room from the first floor get into the third floor? even without him noticing?

“i-” he cleared the lump on his throat before continuing, “-i got lost. that's all.”

⑉⑉⑉⑉