Another Message

A/N: Hinata POV unless said otherwise. Also I don't know a thing about baseball nor volleyball so don't chew me up if reality is different. I don't know how sport in general works XD. Please ignore the mistakes and have fun reading this story.

The day started as usual nothing out of the ordinary if not for the one message I got from my old team.

Why are they messaging me again?

I thought I told them that I quit playing baseball.

Can't they just leave me be?

I don't want to play it ever again!

Not after what had happened...

Me: *Sigh* Better to turn them down again. I have a new team and I am playing volleyball now.

I took my phone in my hands and looked at the message. It was already the 42th from today and they already send me over 500 and something message to come back. There was no way no matter what they say... I would never go out on the playing field.

Private Message:

Arata: Hinata, we need you! Please just this once. I begging you. 🙏 Our pitcher had an accident and we are missing one. I know what happened but can't you please play this one game for old time sake?

Hinata: Listen Arata, I already told the coach that I won't play again. I am playing volleyball now. I quit baseball for good.

Arata: 🙏 please! Just this once... We will lose our spot in the competition. If we lose this we will need to wait a whole year again until we can enter and you know pre-qualifications are hard.

Hinata: No means no besides I'm busy working with my own team. We have our own match to settle.

Arata: I'll go and ask permission of your team even if you don't want to do it or don't want anyone to find out about you...

Hinata: Stop asking me! I said no! I am not the same Demon of the field anymore!

Arata: But Hinata!

Hinata: NO!

Arata: Please! I'll owe you one!

Hinata: If I say yes will you let me be?

Arata: Yes, I promise.

Hinata: Then I'll do it. But only this once and you know the rules.

Arata: I know. I'll ask them to make an exception for you to wear a mask.

Hinata: Just this once! Don't ask me again.

Arata: Thank you!

Hinata: And make sure the rest of the team doesn't come to me or my school.

Arata: I promise it to you!

Hinata POV:

I can't believe he made me agree!

How could I just accept and play with them?

What if my team finds out about me?

About the demon of the field...

The only reason I was called this way was because of my crazy ability to throw that ball. No matter how good the player was that would receive my ball there was no way he could hit them. I was known for my killing strike. If I was out on the field no one had a chance.

Not only that but thanks to a stupid bet with anold teammate I was wearing a mask every time I went out. This was why theycalled me a demon. I still had the mask. It was hanging right above my bed. Forsome reason I liked it, no matter of the circumstances or the memories itheld. 

A/N: This is the mask we are talking about

Me: *Sigh* I hope I won't regret this!

After my chat with the team captain of my old team, I quickly got ready and went out to my own team training. Though it wasn't even that long that I accepted the request, I already found out that the rumors were circulating around.