(Special chapter)

I will make chapters like this that really dont help with the story development. (Okay i just read it and it kinda does help with the story development)

But it does strengthen Ezra and Maudie's 'Friendship'

Ezra POV

I woke up to the sound of someone humming.

I turned to the direction of where the humming was from.

I saw Maudie sitting on the floor, next to my bed and reading a book.

I was so shocked and surprised i almost fell off my bed.

Maudie looked up from her book and giggled a little.

"I see your awake Ez." Maudie said closing her book.

"No offence, but why are you here?" I asked sitting up.

"Oh i just wanted to hang out with you today. Since its a day-off for the InBESTigators" Maudie said standing up.

"Why me?" I asked.

"Because i feel like your the one that gets me the most. Other than my dad." Maudie said with a smile.

That smile was too cute.

I could feel my cheeks turning red and my heart thumping.

"O-okay then. I guess we can hang out." I muttered.

"Great! Ill wait for you at your living room." Maudie said walking out.

"Wait! How'd you get in? Is it by my window again?" I asked.

Whenever Maudie comes to my room for an InBESTigators emergency, she would climb through the window.

And my room is on the second floor...

Maudie stopped on her tracks and looked at me.

"I rang the doorbell this time and your mum let me in. Though climbing through your window is way more fun, I took your request and used your door." Maudie said.

"Well how do you even climb up my house to get to my window?" I asked.

"I told you before. Its a secret." Maudie said before leaving the room.

"Get ready!" Her voice echoed from the hallway.

Well this is new.

Maudie likes to hang out with me but she would usually just drop a message.

I shouldn't keep her waiting.

I got up from my bed and started getting ready.

I went to my closet and picked white shirt, jeans and a jacket.

I had just bought them from 16seventeen

Im a teenager now and i should start dressing up more like one.

The professional work blouse i always used to wear was a bit much anyways.

Plus i want to look good in front of Maudie

But i must dress up casual so she wont think im trying too hard.

I quickly got ready and speed walked to the living room to find Maudie.

She was facing a mirror tying her hair.

Its been a month and im still not that used to her medium length hair.

"Great, your here. We've got to go, here's a peanut butter and salmon sandwich." Maudie said tossing me a peanut butter and salmon sandwich that was covered in aluminum foil.