Chapter 3

CW: Texas being horny, Florida being horny, fade to black smutt.

Texas

The southern state wakes up to an awful headache. He looks at his alarm clock, winsing at the brightness. 4 in the morning. Way to early to get up for the day. With a groun, Texas pulls himself up and out of bed. He's not getting to sleep like this. Pain killers it is.

He almost falls over as he tries to make it to the bathroom. He leans against the sink and tries to push the lightheadedness away, being more or less succesful. he fumbles around the medicine cabnet for a minute before findning the right pills. He pops two in his mouth and swallows. before making his way towards the living room. He is not going to be able to get back to sleep till the pills kick in in twenty minutes.

He goes to sit down on the couch when he notices someone already sitting there. "Florida, what are you doing up?"

"Couldn't sleep." The state responds. "You?"

"I think I caught something and its giving me a killer headache."

Florida pats the seat on the couch beside him. Texas sits down, making sure to leave an apropriate amount of distance between them and looks up at the TV. Florida seems to have chosen alien conspirisy theories as his late night entertainment.

The two sit in silence for a while, neither really paying attention to the TV. Soon the sdvil kicks in and Texas' headache disapates, becoming only a small buzz in the back of his mind. With that out of the way, his exaustion starts to make itself known. He thinks about heading back to bed but it is just to peaceful sitting here with Florida.

Slowly, He starts to drift off. His head hits the arm of the couch and his eyes begin to fall shut. He is just consience enough to reconise when someone drapes a blanket over him then a voice that sounds suspitiously like Florida whispers "I love you." Before the person kisses him on the forehead and walks out of the room.

Texas wakes up the nest morning to someone shaking his shoulder. "Breakfast is ready sleepy head." Utah says.

He sits up and grouns, cracking his sore neck. Sleeping on the couch for a few hours will do a number on ya. he considers laying back down but the smell of bakon takes his attention to the kitchen. Utah is standing in front of the stove, flipping pancakes in a small pan. Seeing the southern state Utah gestures to a plate full of food (including lots of bacon). Texas sits down and digs in.

He finishes eating quickly enough and stands up before thanking utah for the food and starting to head to his room. He sighs. He is going to have to talk to Florida. If there is even a chance to biuld a relationship with the other state he can't let it fall through his fingers.

He looks at his watvh 10:30, only a slight chance Florida is still asleep. With that in mind he heads over to Florida's room and knocks on the door. For a split second his heart stops before the door opens and his heart tries to fly out of his chest. Florida is till in his pajamas, eyes droopy. Texas is probably lucky he's awake.

"Can we talk for a minute?" Texas asks.

"Sure." Florida steps aside and lets Texas in before closing the door behid him. Texas sits down on the desk chair with Florida across from him on the bed. "Whats up?"

Texas freezes for a moment. How was he planning on doing this? "I heard what you said last night." Florida's eyes widen. Great scare the guy half to death. "I think I like you too." Texas speaks almost at a whisper He doesn't make eye contact with the other state for a moment, but when he does he looks hopeful.

"What?"

Texas takes a deep breath."I want to be your boyfriend." Florida looks suprised. he seems to calculate what was just said to him for a monent before standing up and walking over to Texas.