Chapter 4

Texas

"Hey babe!" Florida says when Texas wraps his arms around with waist from behind. Florida puts down the spoon he was using to sit the pasta and turns to kiss his boyfriend. Texas dips a fork in the pot and takes out a noodle to taste.

"I think it's done," he says.

Florida tastes a piece himself and nods. "Ya." He makes two plates up with noodles and tomato sauce. "I'm going to go eat lunch with Louie." Florida pecks Texas on the lips one more time before making his way up to his best friend's room.

Texas sighs. He is going to have to talk to him and he hopes to God he isn't wrong.

Florida

After lunch Florida and Louie head out to the living room to play Mario cart. Florida is winning when Texas comes out to the living room and sits beside him.

Florida smiles when his boyfriend puts a hand on his leg. It doesn't seem like much, but Texas is really careful about PDA. Louie is the only person who knows the two are dating and Texas is terrified the rest of the south is going to find out.

"You beat him yet Louie?" Texas jokes.

"That is the deepest betrayal I have ever experienced." Florida says dramatically.

"I'm sure you'll get over it." Texas gives him a quick peck on the lips before standing up. "Can we talk when you are done the game?"

Florida nods distractedly, still staring at the screen as Texas walks towards his room.

"You do something wrong sha?" Louie asks.

"It's probably nothing." Florida says. He tries to remain nonchalant but honestly, he is really worried.

"Louie pauses the game. "Go find out what's going on."

"Its ok. He said to finish this first." Louie gives him a look. "Fine! Just don't delete our progress."

Florida walks over to Texas' room. He goes to open the door and walk right in, but he stops himself and raises a shaky hand to knock instead.

"Come in."

Florida takes a deep breath before walking in. Texas puts away his laptop and turns to him. "What's up?" Florida knows his smile is strained but it's the only thing he can do to stay calm.

Texas pats the bed beside him, and Florida sits down. The comforting hand on his leg doesn't do much to quiet his thundering heart.

"Do you like Louisiana?" Florida sucks in a breath. Texas was never supposed to find out about that little crush. Its not worth their relationship.

"He's my best friend." Florida replies.

Texas pulls his hand away but keeps his voice calm. "Do you have a crush on your best friend?"

"No!" Florida cries. "I love you." Florida practically launches himself at Texas and kisses him needily. Texas kisses back lightly for a moment before pulling away.

"I've noticed it you know. You make food for him and say good night every night. You guys practically go on dates once a week."

Florida is holding back tears at this point. "I love you." The state's voice is barely above a whisper.

He goes to try and kiss Texas again, touch him, anything but his boyfriend pushes him back. Shit. Texas is the first person to stay for this long. The first person to actually care. He can't loose his boyfriend over something like this.

He quickly thinks back to what his dad would have wanted him to do. "I'll see him less, so you don't get jealous. We could even move out of the statehouse." Tears are running down his face. "Just don't leave." He almost curls in on himself. "Please."

Florida tries to wipe the tears off his face. God why is he so pathetic.

"Hey, no." Texas quickly pulls Florida into his arms and lets him ball into his shirt. "I'm not going anywhere." Florida's arms snake around his boyfriend's middle in a foolish attempt to keep him there. "I'm not going to leave." Texas whispers into his hair.

Florida looks up at him. A part of him is still trying to put a barrier up, trying to keep him from getting hurt. Texas pulls his chin with a pointer finger and gently kisses him. All the tension dissipates, and Florida responds eagerly. "I'm not going anywhere."

Florida pulls his boyfriend on top of him and starts unbuttoning his shirt with shaking hands as the kiss grows needier. Florida laws light kisses along Texas' jaw.

Suddenly Texas pulls away making Florida cry out. He leans back down and rests their foreheads together in response. "I like him too." Texas whispers.

"What?" Florida is utterly confused, and a little nervous.

"I want to ask him to join us." Texas replies. He sits back up onto his knees, Florida still laying under him.

"Like a poly trio?"

"Only if you want to." Texas says quickly, "Its obvious you like him and I'm not going to lie, he's hot."

Florida pauses to think for a moment before speaking. "Ok"

"Are you sure?" Texas asks.

"Ya." Florida is smiling now. This is so much more than he ever allowed himself to hope for. "We still have to ask him though."

"For now, we can worry about this." Texas leans back down and reconnects their lips roughly. Florida isn't going to be worrying about much for the next hour.

Eve after they are both blissed out and content Texas holds him close. Wrapped in his boyfriend's arms Florida falls asleep happy. 

Words: 912