~31~

They walked through hallways. Long, dark hallways that never seemed to end. The anticipation was killing Louis. The officer was going so slow, that Louis was about to leave him and run as fast as he could just so he could see Harry.

They traveled through different sections of the prison, passing different blocks that were full of prisoners based on what they were in for. Each section was different and much more sad and scary.

Eventually, they entered a block that looked like any standard block. There was a cafeteria area, a little "library" section, and only a few inmates walking around. There seemed to be a lot less inmates walking around here compared to the other blocks. And those who were walking around had handcuffs on and were always right next to a cop.

Louis also noticed that there were a lot more closed off cells compared to the other blocks. The doors were completely made of iron and were close together, signaling that the cells were quite small.

He overheard different conversations. He picked up one about the prisoners' family, one person threatening another person (in which the guard leading Louis had to yell at and warn them not to do), and a few others talking about what they are in for. Every single person had a crime that made Louis completely nauseous. 

The guard came to a sudden stop, causing Louis to stumble over his feet. He watched as he found a key and put it in the lock, twisting until a click was made and took it out. Very slowly—almost enough to make the boy go insane—he opened the door to reveal a very dark room.

It was almost empty. No light, whatsoever. It was a tight space. Only a single, very small bed and a bucket was able to fit in this cell. The walls were a dark brick that rotted with age, similar to the rest of the building. There was a tiny "window" at the very top of the wall that was made of metal bars.

There was movement that caught his eyes, making him look in that direction. And there he was, staring at the two of them with a shocked and overwhelmed expression as he sat up from a laying position on the bed. One hand was handcuffed to a long chain that was attached to a huge, heavy metal ball on the floor. He was in an orange jumpsuit that didn't look clean in the slightest, and his long hair seemed to be chopped off messily with no care, as it only went to his ears.

"Styles. You have a guest," the cop said in a mocking tone." He pushed Louis harshly towards Harry, who luckily caught him and held on to him protectively and sent the man daggers with his eyes. "You have 2 minutes."

And with that, he slammed the door shut.

Not even a second later, the two of them were grabbing onto each other and slamming their lips together. Louis held onto his jumpsuit with one hand while the other found its way in his short hair. Harry did the same, with his other hand grabbing the back of his neck. He breathed in his comforting scent. Home.

"Oh God, you..." Louis wandered off before giving him another rough peck. "...you idiot! Why did you do that?!"

"I was only protecting you," Harry mumbled against his lips.

"Harry, you're in jail! This is the absolute last thing you could of done to protect me!"

"I have a death sentence," Harry blurred out.

It was as if the world stopped moving. The air was thick. Every single sound was noticeable. Not one of them was able to breathe.

"Y-You...you what?" Louis whispered.

"I'm on death row," Harry sighed. He chuckled slightly to lighten up (somehow). "They wanted to do this for a long time, and I guess the sooner the better. My execution is tomorrow. At noon."