Chapter 4: World of Giants

This is (Y/N) (L/N). He/She is a (G) with a dream: a dream to show the world what it was like, once upon a time. Using special technology, he/she plans to go back in time to save some of the most spectacular animals that ever existed. His/Her next stop is the well known Jurassic Period. There, he/she will save some of the largest dinosaurs to ever exist. 

"The Diplodocus, a sauropod of the late Jurassic. These animals are among the largest land animals to ever exist. Now, getting them here, might be a challenge. These animals are over 20 meters long, and weighted at least 15 tonnes. I maybe able to lure them with food, if I could just get their attention. Animals that big usually don't pay attention to something as small as me." 

The portal is set, and (Y/N) and the crew head off.

Here, the world is in just two land masses, called Laurasia and Gondwana

Here, the world is in just two land masses, called Laurasia and Gondwana. There are no polar ice caps, and there are many red wood forests around the world. Many of the plains are filled with ferns. There are no flowers, but there is still plenty of greenery for a large herbivore. And the perfect hunting grounds for a predator.

"Now, we just need to find some of the dinosaurs in the area." 

The crew look around, and find something interesting. One of the most famous dinosaurs known in the fossil record.

 One of the most famous dinosaurs known in the fossil record

"Stegosaurus

"Stegosaurus. Many people know this animal from the movie Jurassic Park, but it is very common here in the Late Jurassic. Those plates on it's back are for display and thermal regulation. And to help defend itself, it has four spikes on the end of it's tail that can pierce through the skin of an attacker. And the other one, is called Camptosaurus. It's a much smaller animal that can only run from it's attacker. This might seem odd, but fossils of these animals have been found together, suggesting that Camptosaurus was a look out. They have very good smell, hearing and eyesight. They act as a look out, and the Stegosaurs act as defense. It's a similar relationship that is in Africa. Rhinos have birds on them, they not just clean the rhino, they act as a look out as well."