Best Friends// Dylan Statham

Y/N POV

My name is Y/n and I've been best friends with Wyl and Dyl since Kindergarten.
They have literally been there for me through everything!
Through all the firsts, first day of middle school, first kiss, first boyfriend, first day of high school, first heartbreak. Everything.

We are all now 26 years old and living in LA.

Wyl lives in the C4 house, and me and Dyl actually live together in a 2 bedroom apartment.
Are me and Dylan together romantically?
No.
Have I grown these insane feelings for him over the years?
Yes.

It's hard not to fall in love with your best friend especially when you live with them.

Right now, Dyl is at the C4 house filming something with Wyl.
Dyl and I made it tradition to have "Sunday Dinner" once a week together. No going out, no take out food. We would cook together and have a nice meal.

Tonight I guess is different because Dyl is out filming, which leaves me to cook.

I'm taking this as my chance to tell Dylan how I feel.

I told Wyl about my feelings and plans and he supports it 100%. He said he'd always see me and Dyl being together.

I decided to get a little fancy with our Sunday dinner.

I set up a nice bottle of wine, and some candles with our plates.

I decided to look good as well.

This dress makes me feel so damn confident!

I get a text from Wyl that Dyl is on his way home and so I stand by the dinner table and see the door open to reveal my best friend.. with another girl.

My heart shattered.

"Y/n?"

"I thought you didn't have a girlfriend?!"

"I don't. This is my best friend that I was telling you about. Y/n did you have a date coming over?"

"Um sort of.."

I look down trying to hid my tears.

"I don't know it's stupid I guess. There was this guy.. I've been friends with for a while.. and I don't know I thought maybe it was meant to be."

"Well what happen did this jerk blow you off?!"

"Um I guess you can say that.."

I look to see the girl looking at me in tears understanding who the guy friend was that I fell for.

"I-I'm going to see Nezza.. excuse me.."

I walk past Dylan and the girl and stop and look at him tears.
"Happy Sunday Dinner."

Dylan face drops as he finally realizes and by that time, I'm out the door and into my jeep.

DYLAN POV

As soon a she said "happy Sunday dinner" I knew what was going on.

I look at the girl next to me in shock.

She immediately nods her head.

"I get it and it's okay. We both know this was just gonna be a hookup. I'll call an Uber and you go make sure she's okay."

After 10 minutes her Uber comes and I drive to C4 to find y/n.

I run in the house where I see y/n crying into Wyls arms and Nezza right by them.

"Y/n.. can we please talk?"

She just nods and gets up walking outside.

I follow her out and see her holding her arms.

She must be cold, so I take off my jacket and put it around her.

She looks up to me with makeup running down her face along with tears.

"I'm sorry.. I-I thought I should tell you how I feel and I don't know I just feel humiliated now.."

"Tell me."

"Tell you what?"

"How you feel.."

"I- I'm in love with you Dylan.."

I hold her face so she's looking at me.

"I'm in love with you y/n."

I leaned in for a kiss and I feel her kiss back.

I'm in love with my best friend.

It's always been her.