Chapter Four

It's been a week since they moved out. Erica spent most of her time decorating the house and visiting her cafes once in a while. She never saw Arnold for entire week. He went out before she woke up and came back after she asleep. Not that she didn't see it coming. though. Basically, why he wanted to spend time with a person he hated. Seemed liked his job was a perfect excuse every time people asked her why he wasn't around. People accepted just like that, he, been a workaholic long before they got married, sure made them believed her easily.

*****

Arnold was walking down the stair when the phone rang. He grabbed it and answered, "Hello. Binder!"

"Hey, Arnold."

"Hello, Grandma! What do you want?"

"How do you guys do that?"

"Do what?"

"How do you know this was me?"

"Come on, Grandma! How can I don't recognize my own grandma's voice!" then he realized what she said earlier, "What do you mean with you guys?"

"But, your father can't recognize his mother's voice! Such a shame. I said you guys, because Erica can do that too, you know?!"

"She did?"

"She never tell you?!"

Arnold speechless. "I think she thought that's not necessary."

"Yeah, I guess so. By the way, is she there?"

"She is still asleep. Do you want me to wake her up?" Arnold prayed in his heart, Please say no!!

"No, don't. But, I will leave my message to you, tell her later, okay?"

"Okay, what is it?" while internally he was screaming, HOW THE HELL I GONNA TEL HER!!! I LITERALLY AVOIDING HER, I DON'T WANT TO MEET OR TALK TO HER.

"Just tell her to meet up with me at my favorite cafe at 1 pm."

"Your favorite cafe? Where is it?"

"Just tell her that. She'll know."

"Okay. Got it, leave it to me!"

"All right, then. I will hang up, bye!"

"Bye, Grandma!" After he put down the phone, he looked around and spotted the fridge, People leave memos on their fridge, let's see if I have paper with me! He walked to the kitchen, and put his bag on the counter when he realized there were memo papers at the fridge's right side. He took one, and wrote down:

GRANDMA ASK YOU TO MEET AT HER FAVORITE CAFE. 1 PM

Arnold

He stuck it at the fridge and went out the house.

******

Erica came down at 8 am. She already used to the emptiness of the house, and she didn't mind it, though. It was easier for her to live on when he wasn't around, made her wished for his love, which would never happened forever. She sighed, and went to the kitchen, when she approached the fridge to grab some milk, she saw it, the memo. It sent shivers around her body, finally some form of communication. I know I keep telling myself to don't mind his absent but I also know deep inside I still hope for any type of connection with him, even if he hated me, I hope he can be nice enough to treat me as friend, it will help a lot when people start asking about children.

She read again the noted, and sighed. A lot of sighing recently, can't help it, though. Look like he refused to talk to me, but he can just text messaged me if he don't want to call me. I just can't stop the desire to have any sort of contact with him.