Chapter Eleven

######

Author'Note!!!

I had read many books here in Wattpad that the authors got annoyed when people kept nagging them to update.

For me, I don't mind it, AT ALL!!!!

Those nagging comments actually motivated me more to finish each chapter. Be aware that I immediately update the chapter once I had finished and proceed to the next chapter. I don't have the finished story in my computer. I write purely in Wattpad web and app. Considering this was my free time interest, please understand that I have a life outside of Wattpad and need to make living.

Any corrections are welcome, but keep it to the minimum, English isn't my primary language, so of course there will be mistake here and there. As long as you get what I mean, I think that's enough.

######

Finally, Christmas was a day away. Arnold and Erica had spent entire week looking for his grandma's present, but they just couldn't find the perfect one that they had to compromise and settle with a sapphire jewelry set. It consisted of a necklace, a ring and a pair of earrings. Each had a teardrop blue sapphire which surrounded by diamonds. They just bought it yesterday, and she had been upset, not that they were not pretty, but they won't hold any emotional attachment for Barbara. They would just be one of her jewelry collection and Erica really hoped her first gift as her grand-daughter in law would be something memorable, now that hope had crumbled.

They were getting ready for his parent's Christmas Eve party. When she finished first since she had gotten ready since noon, Erica sat on the sofa in the living room with Grandma's gift in hands. She just stared at it.

"Even though you keep staring, it won't change to what you want." Arnold spoke from the bottom of the stair. He wore a red square shirt along with a pair of black jean trouser while Erica looked beautiful in a red high waist dress.

 He wore a red square shirt along with a pair of black jean trouser while Erica looked beautiful in a red high waist dress

Erica raised her gaze to him, and sighed, "I know." she said, then looked back at the gift.

He took off his coat from the hanger and put it on, then he took hers and walked over to her. "Come on, let's get going!" he said and held out her coat toward her.

She stood up, put the gift back in the bag and put on her coat. After she let out a long sigh, she grabbed the bag and walked to the door. Before she could take second step, Arnold grabbed her left wrist which made her stopped on track. When she turned to ask him what's wrong, he took the bag from her right hand.

"It's my job!" he said sternly and headed out, walking passed her.

Erica rolled her eyes, men and their egos.

"Are you coming?" he asked from at the door.

She stared at him for a moment before making her way toward him. He held the door open for her and locked it after she walked out.