all alone

Part 14 (@Vickystories21 for the idea, she is the co-writer for this story btw)

The walk back to the dorms was pretty awkward, Adam an I kept locking eyes but the tension was there. we quickly parted ways when we got to the dorms an I entered mine seeing Julie sitting on her bed awake with a sleeping Connie not to far away from us. I rolled my eyes not wanting to talk to her as I grabbed my suitcase starting to pack it since I was NOT about to share a dorm with them.

J- Dakota come on! I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Dean! 

I didn't respond to her an continued packing 

J- please! Dean an I talked, i understand why you are so upset about this whole situation I get it okay!

I looked right at her with a glare

D- you DON'T get it. you have NEVER had one of your closest friends get ship away to a boarding school because your brother decided to screw them! I will never be able to see her again an that's Dean's fault.

she didn't say anything back at first so I just continued what I was doing, I had got all my stuff packed an grabbed the suitcase along with my hockey bag before starting to walk to the door 

J- Dakota please, I can't lose you as a friend! besides Connie you are my only actually friend that I have had! I never knew about the promise an I know that's not a excuse but please I can't lose you too!

I looked at her without a glare just a normal stare

D- look, for now I can't forgive you. that's not saying we aren't friends, I just need space. 

she nodded an so I took that as my chance to leave the dorm, I carried my stuff a cross the hall to the dorm that Bombay got me to stay in since I told him I was not gonna share with them anymore. Once i got inside I quickly unpacked everything before getting ready for bed myself an falling asleep in my new bed. the next morning rolled around an sadly we had practice, this was gonna be so weird. I got up stretching with a yawn before throwing on some sweats an a t-shirt along with my sneakers before brushing my hair and teeth. I than grabbed my hockey bag an walked off to the arena for practice, I'm not excited for it at all. I walked into the locker room an the team was already there great. I kept my head down an got into my gear fast before walking out to the ice, luckily Adam an I talked last night so we were able to like get on good terms but let's just say practice was the worst. when we did scrimmage games no one passed to me, I got checked like 20 times by my team mates which I deserved but still if this is how they were gonna be than we are so gonna get destroyed in tomorrows game against Iceland, our last game I should say.

after practice I was sure I had so many bruises on my body, I got all my gear off not failing to notice the team over on the other side of the locker room whispering away from Adam an I who looked fairly annoyed with them. he looked at me an whispered

A- just ignore them, if they want to act like children than so be it.

I nodded an stuffed all my stuff back into my bag before waiting for Adam, once he was ready we left choosing to head back to the dorms so we both can shower. he walked me to my dorm so I sent him my usually thank you

A- no need to say thank you, I do this all the time! but hey since we leave after tomorrow do you maybe wanna go like out to eat? I saw a tiny like diner a crossed from the ice cream shop

I smiled trying to hide my blush

D- sure I would like that

A- alright cool!

he walked off so I went into my dorm throwing my bag onto my bed before heading to the bathroom. I took my quick shower an got ready, I didn't know if I should dress fancy or not so I just chose causally but not too casual