Chapter Eight

I'm awake, it's in the middle of the night. Why am i awake at this ungodly hour? It's because the boy in my arms is shaking so much and crying in his sleep. I won't say that doesn't scare me, cause it does. It breaks my heart, I want to hurt the person who hurt him so bad.

"Please! No! Don't touch me! Get away from me! Please no!" He starts yelling frantically. I shake him slowly. He is cold with sweat is dripping down his naked torso. His eyes are shut tight with tears falling uncontrollably out of them.
"Kookie, wake up," I shake him and he jumps awake. He's definitely afraid as he keeps scanning his surroundings. I put my hand on his chest area, his heart is beating like a giant bass drum.
"No, don't touch me, no," he whispers melancholicly breaking my heart into two.
"Hey, calm down, its me. Kellyn. It's only me. It's just me, please," I say soothingly. He relaxes as soon as I say that falling back into my arms crying hysterically. I just hugged him tight circling a finger soothingly on his back. He cries into the crook of my neck breaking my heart. I've never dealt with a rape and physical violence victim before, at this point in time I dont know what to tell him. I just let my body do the talking by holding him tighter against me. I hum a tune my mom used to sing to me to make me sleep. His sobbing quiets down as he starts breathing evenly against me, I hear soft snores after a few minutes. I lean back against the couch with him still held onto me.

It's been a week. I've not unlocked the door or even looked outside. Jungkook is getting better. I still hold him and hum a tune for him to sleep.

It's nighttime, after he's sound asleep, I get up from the couch and go to my room. I open my laptop and type in Kim Seokjin. Numerous people with the name come up on my screen. I click on each name, checking mutual friends. I finally find a Kim Seokjin who is friends with a Park Jimin. I immediately take the number he has displayed hoping it's still in use. I dial the number and it goes through. Internally, I know I'm taking a giant leap of blind foggy faith.

"Hi, this is Jin," he says from the other side.
"Hi, my name is Kelly. I'd like to talk to you about Jungkook," I say.
"Jeon Jungkook? Jesus. Do you know where he is?"
"He is asleep, stable. But I need your help,"
"Anything, I've been trying to reach out but my attempts were pretty much fruitless. Our mom's sister, aunt Min-ji, told me about him so I've been looking for him ever since," he explains.
"He's in danger. We both are, I just need help," I tell him.
"How can I help?"
"Come pick us up at Incheon Airport, I'm booking us a flight to South Korea tomorrow. I need to get him to safety, I'll explain everything when I get there," I say.
"It's okay, send me the flight details so I know when you arrive," he says.
"Thank you,"
"We'll talk soon," he says and then I hang up.

As soon as I'm done with the call, I buy two tickets online for a flight to South Korea. It's a 12 hour flight and I know how hard that's gonna be. I use my dad's credit card, I know he'll ask for a good explanation as to why I just used that much money. I go back down the stairs and he's sound asleep. I slip into my own blanket and sleep too.

Waking up, I start packing my clothes into a duffle bag. I pack my large bottoms and t-shirts  for Kookie before selecting a black baggy bottom and a black hoodie. It is really big, originally it belonged to my Dad and I might or might not have stolen it from him. With a bit of luck, I manage to wake Jungkook up without much sweat. I lead him to the bath I've prepared for him and as he takes a shower, I rush through the preparing breakfast.

He comes downstairs looking perfectly fine in the clothes I've given him.
"Someone looks good," I say casually.
"Thanks to a certain someone," he says softly, bunny teeth showing. He's so pure, I wanna put him in my pocket.
"She doesn't need it," I say smiling. I sit him down and push a plate of toast and baked beans in front of him.
"Eat. You'll need the energy," I say.
"How do you mean?"
"Promise me you won't be mad," I say.
"Okay, I promise," he says. I take a seat right beside him.
"I talked to Seokjin,"
"How?"
"I looked for him and found him. He's friends with a Park Jimin. He's going to pick us up," I say.
"Pick us up where?"
"From the airport. We're going to your birthplace, its the only safe place for you," I tell him and his eyes start getting teary.
"Why are you like this Kelly?"
"Like what?"
"An angel. You've done more than enough yet you continue to do more. How can I ever repay all this kindness?"
I place my hand on his, "Don't ever try to take your life again. You will break me, please,"
He nods, "I won't, I promise." Just as we are bonding,  there's a deafening noise of the door being banged furiously. Whoever is knocking, they're mad as hell.
"JUNGKOOK GET YOUR ASS OUT OF THIS HOUSE! I'M NOT LEAVING! AND DONT EVEN TRY THE BACKDOOR AND THE GARAGE DOOR! I'VE A COUPLE OF GUYS THERE TOO! YOUR CHOICE, ME OR STRANGERS TO BEAT YOUR ASS?!" He yells from the other side of the front door completely startling me. I let go of Jungkook's hand and walk to the door just to make sure it is securely locked. I'm not taking any chances, he will kill both of us and dying is not on my bucket list right now.

"He's not coming out! You're so unbelievable! Go ahead and use your own dick to satisfy your fucking clients and leave him the hell alone!" I yell back.
"AS FOR YOU, I'M GONNA HAVE FUN PLAYING WITH YOU! FUCKING HELL, I CAN'T WAIT!" He seethes making me shake involuntarily. Before I can yell back, my hand is yanked back away from the door.
"Kelly, you have to let me out. I know what he means by playing with you, trust me, I don't want that to happen to you. You're too innocent for this, I'm used to it so let me go," Jungkook whispers to my face.
"I am not letting you out there! You almost died because of him, I won't let you go!" I whisper yell at him.
"Kelly, listen! He's gonna force himself on you. You need to let me go," he begs
"No, I'm not giving you away. I can't," I plead tears blurring my vision, "Come with me," I tell him.
He follows me upstairs where I take the bag I packed our stuff in. I hand him a backpack with our passports and phones. I give him a sign to be quiet as we descend the stairs. I take a torch and lead him to the garage.
"There are people outside," he mouthes and I point my finger to the garage floor. There are many rectangular shapes curved into the floor but i know the one i want. I take a crowbar from the tool box in the garage and start lifting the edges of one particular rectangular cement block in the far corner of the garage. The heavy concrete makes a small sound as it moves open revealing a trap door. I unlock the door and lead him inside. As he descends the ladder, I pull the concrete back in place then close the trap door locking it.

I switch on the torch and lead the way,
"Dad and I discovered this tunnel when I was 7. It leads to the woods many yards behind the house. Mom didn't want us wandering off in the woods, me to be specific, so when dad found this tunnel, we were so happy. We'd sneak out and go hunting bears in the woods. We never found one anyways. My Mom never found out about this, it's been here the whole time and we've been sneaking out for ten years," I say with a laugh and he laughs too.
"Your dad is something else,"
"Yeah, he's the best," I say, "We'll walk about 2 miles down here till we come out of a trap door leading to the woods. It's 4 miles across the woods to the bus stop using a shortcut," I explain.

We walk and walk till we get to the woods. There we run half the way afraid we'd get caught. Once securely seated in a moving bus, I call the police and tell them about the people camping outside my house. That solved, we just sit in silence on our way to the airport. We get checked in and verified and we board the 6pm plane.

Jungkook falls asleep on my shoulder and I sleep on his jet black hair. We dont know how the flight went for the first hours, we were sound asleep. I was particularly tired from all the walking I had done.

12 hours later, Incheon Airport

"Attention all passengers, we've arrived at Incheon Airport...," the pilot goes on and I'm not paying attention anymore. I'm hoping Jin came cause I'd hate to be confused right now.

We get off the plane and then go inside where our luggage follows in a cart. Kookie takes the duffle bag and I swing the satchel over my shoulders. I hold his hand and give him a little squeeze.
"You're safe, I won't let anyone near you if they're dangerous," I say and he just smiles sheepishly. I look over the small crowd standing a few metres from us, then a card flashes in my eyes. Written in big, bold letters: JUNGKOOK & KELLYN. My chest swells with pride as my eyes follow the man holding the placard. He has the same jet black hair, exposed forehead, no bangs. He has the same doe like eyes, plump pink lips and a sharp jawline. He is wearing a black sweater and blue ripped jeans. He is just handsome I think I just drooled.
Beside him, there is is an almost equally tall male, a few inches taller. He has brownish bronze hair, parted bangs with a slightly exposed forehead. He has wolf eyes with the most dazzling gaze, eyes so brown and pretty. Sharp nose, thin pink lips and he is smiling at the other revealing a dimple holding what looks like car keys. He is wearing black sweatpants, a black t-shirt, black socks and a pair of Vans.

We walk hand in hand towards them, the man with the card looks at Jungkook and walks towards us. He engulfs Kookie in a bone crushing hug, sniffing loudly. I just watch the two with happiness I can't fathom. Finally letting go, he comes and hugs me too.
"I'm Jin," he says, "Thank you so so much for bringing him."
"It's my pleasure," I say with a slight bow.
"This Namjoon or just Joonie, he's my best friend. Joonie, this is Kookie my little brother and this is Kellyn, his friend," Jin says with a bright smile.
Joonie hugs Kookie then me. All four of us leave the airport in Jin's car. The drive is silent but it's what we all need. I'm happy, I'm constantly glancing over at Kookie who looks just as happy. He's slightly uncomfortable. But i get it, he isn't in the best mind frame.