Chapter Nine

We arrive at a very nice house. It looks expensive, I'm thinking Jin must be loaded to be able to live in a surbaban house like this. I'm snapped out of my thoughts as we get out of the car and Joonie carries our bags. I hold Kookie's hand, its become a habit of mine to do so and he doesn't seem to mind. The inside is twice as breath taking, modern furniture, amazing paintings hung on the wall. I'm just in awe, this place is amazing.

Joonie takes the bags upstairs and we follow. He shows us to a shared bedroom with two separate beds. I'm more than content plus I don't want Kookie to sleep all alone considering his constant nightmares. We take turns to freshen up, once done, we head back downstairs, hand in hand. Jin has just finished serving dinner, Joonie is standing behind Jin smiling sheepishly looking at a bowl shattered on the floor, im guessing he did that.

Kookie and I sit comfortably on the large dining table. I'm still wondering why there is so much food on the table when there's a loud huff behind me. Two men walk into the dining room. One taller than the other. The taller is brown haired, a beaming face, exposed forehead, no bangs, brown bright eyes, a heart shaped smile and thin red lips. He has on a white t-shirt, a multicoloured handknitted jersey, faded blue jeans and multicoloured sneakers. The shorter male has grey hair, brown kitten eyes, a cute pout on his face, he is wearing black simple slakes, a white t-shirt, a white shirt on top and white converse sneakers with hands inside his pockets.
"Why are you pouting like that?" Joonie asks the shorter male whose face turns red in a deep blush spreading across his perfect features.
"Hobi texted Mina with my phone confessing my crush on her," he says.
"But where's the lie Yoongi hyung?" Namjoon questions.
The Yoongi guy shoots him a dark glare and huffs irritably before throwing himself into the chair next to me.
"Hey, you're the Kelly girl?" The shorter male asks.
"Yes,"
"Nice to finally meet you," he says extending his hand towards me. "You must be Jungkook, I'm your hyung, Yoongi, Min Yoongi," he says shaking Kookie's hand.
"And I'm your hyung, Jung Hoseok, but you can call me Hobi," the taller beaming male says greeting us both.

With that said, they sit down too and we get on with dinner over light conversations.
"Has anyone heard from Jimin? His phone is not going through," Jin asks.
"He went out with Taehyung," Joonie says.
"They live here too?" I ask Joonie hyung and he shakes his head.
"Only Jin hyung and Jiminie live here officially, but the rest of us camp here all the time. We actually have rooms here. I come for the food, I can't even boil water," Joonie says making everyone laugh even Kookie who has been exceptionally quiet. As they keep talking, I realise Kim Namjoon and Kim Taehyung are brothers. Then, Jimin, Jin and Jungkook are brothers. Hobi and Yoongi are Jin and Namjoon's friends from way before. Jimin and Tae are best friends since childhood. Joon, Taehyung, Hobi and Yoongi live somewhere else but they're around the house more than often. That's pretty much the summary.

After dinner, I help Jin hyung clear the table, and help him place the dishes in the dishwasher. We talk a lot during that time and I realise just how much of an amazing person he is. In actuality they are all pretty nuce, they don't see colour. I retire to bed as Jin and Jungkook stay behind for a heart to heart. Namjoon leaves them to it and goes to bed too same as Hobi and Yoongi who was already dossing on the chair.

I hear sniffing and I'm awake in that instant, its Kookie, he's shaking so much and sweating. I switch on the light and go to his bed. He's whispering the same words.
"Please no, don't do this please," he says in a strained voice and i know he's having another nightmare again.
I shake him lightly and he wakes up with a start, screaming loudly.
"Hey, it's me, it's only me," I cup his sweaty face in my hands, "It's Kelly, shhhh I won't hurt you. It's me," I say softly. I feel him start to relax in my touch as he breaks into audible sobs. I get up from my kneeling position and sit on his bed engulfing him in a bear hug. He cries some more and I just hold him tight circling my fingers on his back comfortingly.

white glows the lily
red glows the rose
here lies my baby
look how he grows
sleep, sleep, my baby
sleep, sleep for me...

I sing softly the song my mom used to sing for me when I was young. Soon enough I hear soft snores escape his slightly parted lips, and I know he is asleep. I sigh tiredly and lay him down, lying next to him and embracing him in a cuddle. He is so broken and it hurts so bad. I finally get overpowered by sleep and dose almost immediately.

I wake up to blinding light envying my luxury. It blinds me as I squint my eyes. Finally getting them open, I realise I'm in bed with Kookie sound asleep in my arms. I look at him and smile to myself, my best moments in life are those when I see him sleeping peacefully. I untangle myself from him and climb off the bed. I stretch quietly and go to the bathroom. I do my morning routine and change into something more comfortable. I stealthily tip toe out of the room not wanting to wake Kookie up. Closing the door, I go down the stairs to the kitchen following the ecstatic smell of toast.

"Good morning, Jin hyung," I say as I sit on the chair leaning onto the kitchen island.
"I'm not Jin hyung but morning," the person turns to face me and I go momentarily blind. There, standing right in front of me in cute baby blue pyjamas and a matching gown, is the most beautiful man I've ever set my eyes on, after Jungkook of course. He has platinum blonde hair, bangs slightly parted, small hazel eyes, pink plump lips, a sharp jawline that defines all of his features. My eyes travel to his tiny hands where he's clutching a glass bowl. I'm dumbfounded.
"Helloooo," he says snapping me back into reality.
"I'm sorry, who are you?" I ask.
"Jimin. Park Jimin," he says extending his hand for me to shake. I shake his hand.
"Kellyn Calloway," I tell him.
"I know, my little brother's little girlfriend," he says casually plating the toast.
"No, he's not my boyfriend," yet I quickly say sounding so defensive, clearly not wanting to confront those emotions. 
"He's struggling. He is the one who was crying last night isn't he?" He asks pushing a plate of toast and a mug of orange juice in front of me. He say opposite me with his own food.
"It's really hard, he has nightmares every day," I say.
"Thank you," he says, "For doing all that you've done for him. He told us last night, came in just as he was starting the conversation with Jin hyung. You're the best friend everyone wishes they had," he says with a smile that makes my heart flutter.
"I couldn't stand seeing him suffer," I told him.
"You've proven that beyond every reasonable doubt. Thanks honey," he says making me smile at the nickname.
"Eat up," he says.
"Huh?"
"Break fast, eat up,"
"Right, breakfast," I say before taking a bite of the toast. We eat quietly. Everyone here is so nice and good looking. 
Kookie walks down the stairs already freshened up but his eyes are purple and baggy. He barely gets enough sleep. How can he? With all the nightmares? As I'm looking at his skinny figure, there's a knock at the door.
"I'll get it," Kookie says as he walks towards the door.

LET ME IN (J. JK ff)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें