Racing Time

*-*-*-*-*-*Sam:*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I made an extra well made dinner for him.

Steak with a side of mashed potatoes, green beans and a piece of pumpkin pie.

I was in my room when he got home.

I held my breath as he came down the hall.

He paused then went in his room.

The pill should go in effect in a little bit, I thought.

I waited 30 minutes just to make sure, although I could hear his loud snoring.

It was warm out so I changed into some shorts and a tank top. HE hadn't messed with me since the last incident so all my bruises had had time to heal.

As I put on my sandals I looked at my wrist.

I had to hide them somehow.

I looked on my drawer and found what I was looking for a thick bracelet that read "Team Jacob " and another "30 seconds to Mars ", hopefully this would hide the scars.

I glanced at Chris's leather jacket and grabbed it.

I wasn't going to keep it.

I sneaked through the house and onto my bike.

I called him as I stopped at a stop sign.

"Hey" he answered.

"Hi" I smiled instantly at the sound of his voice.

I looked up at the sky it was around 6 and still sunny.

"How can I...." The car beeped behind me and I was forced to drive. I cursed as the phone almost slipped.

"What's wrong?" He asked, sounding worried.

I laughed at my own stupidity.

"I'm trying to drive and talk, ain't really working. "

"And that's why I left a bluetooth attached to the front of your seat." He laughed "Pull over and I'll show you how to work it."

After a while I was using the Bluetooth and getting directions to his house.

Five minutes later I parked out front as I gaped.

There were dozens of cars parked out front, but that didn't catch my eye.

The house was huge and beautiful made of wood and huge glass windows, overlooking a lake.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Don asked coming up a plate of hamburgers in one hand and a coke in the other.

"Very " I nodded getting off my bike. "Sweet ride." He said looking it up and down. "Antique Harley? Probably 1960's?"

I looked at him surprised.

He smiled sheepishly.

"I like motorcycles, I have a few myself. Want to see?"

"Of course."

We walked away from Chris's house to the building next to it. I thought it was another smaller house but it turned out to be a 10 car garage.

Don put in a code on a keypad to one of the slots.

It opened and I saw his Corvette, next to at least 4 motorcycles. 2 Mazda's one red another yellow, a black Yamaha, and a Harley Davidson.