ch. 1

It was a lot easier to stay as strong as he was possibly able to when George was away from him, Dream knew.

During that time, which spanned several years, Dream found as they grew closer, he couldn't find it in him to say no anymore to whatever request George would ask of him.

To be fair, usually, it was something small. Like helping George film a video, or editing said video, or Dream showing the other his face.

Okay, that last one was a bigger deal, but still. George wanted it and Dream did, in fact, seriously consider the proposition, for a long time, even. He never ended up going through with it though, deciding to hold out until George moved in with him, which he fell back on the claim that it was an incentive of sorts.

And, that's where they found themselves now. Living together, George in his house, around him all of the time.

Dream was beginning to crack.

It wasn't like George bothered him or the living situation was a mistake, nothing like that. Actually, it was quite the opposite. They got along even better than how they did before, just something about being in person made a connection stronger, those emotionless texts turning into real honest conversations, and sharing a space made them find how well they worked together.

All of that was fine. The issue was, George was rather demanding after finding out a while ago that he, well, could be. And, the issue with that was Dream was finding it difficult to not give in, which only made the other bolder and ask for even more.

Again, it wasn't anything serious, just, the principle of it all, which meant Dream was more upset with himself for not having the resolution to stay true to how he had always lived his life, which was adamantly having his way or nothing.

But, with George, Dream felt all that slowly slipping away, the no starting to completely leave his vocabulary when he was around the other.

Here's a prime example:

"Let me move in with you."

Dream didn't put up any argument with this, having them live together was always the plan. "You act like I'm the one stopping you. You're free to stay here as soon as you're able to."

"No," George shook his head in disappointment, "I don't think you're getting it, Dream. I want to be there, permanently, not just for a few years, not on a temporary work visa, for life."

"Slow down there, George," Dream spoke, a slight nervous uptick in his voice on how adamant the other was on this point, even though he feared George would regret the decision after it was made, trying to dissuade from this commitment, mostly in the other's best interest, it wasn't that he didn't crave the plan to come to fruition, actually, quite frankly, he didn't want anything more than them being together in that way, "What if you don't even like it here? What would you do if you hate Florida or my house or even me, and you can't leave?"

"That won't happen."

Something about that, how George stated it with complete sincerity, leaving his lips like it was an utter fact of gospel truth, Dream couldn't form a single argument against it. This wasn't their first conversation about this subject, but it was certainly the last, as that was when Dream finally caved.

This request did take some time, especially with immigration laws and travel restrictions, but in the end, Dream jumping through every possible hoop to find a way to get George into the country for good, he got it done.

This whole situation set something off, as it was the biggest and genuinely life altering event that George had ever been brazen enough to ask for, and even with all the legal issues and various other implications for what they meant for them, Dream simply did it.