ch. 11

Dream knew he should have said something, but he didn't. The first time George kissed him, he should have said something. The time after that, when they started doing so much more, he shouldn't have let it all happen without acknowledging it and them and the consequences.

He had gotten so focused on keeping it, keeping George happy and forcing them to stay like this, stay together in any capacity, that Dream couldn't get the words past his lips even if he wanted to and thought about them constantly and agonized over it.

Maybe he wanted George too much, maybe it would all somehow dissolve as soon as he took any chance.

But listening and following and being good was what made George want him, and it was difficult to breach that, to go beyond and not know if the other would be willing. It was best to be passive, be still, be nothing.

Until it wasn't.

Until Dream could tell that George wanted something. And he went after him and changed everything, but also nothing at all. Because he still didn't say anything.

What would he say? What could he say?

After all this time, what could possibly measure up? What would be enough but not too much and also be what George wanted to hear?

Dream didn't know. He really didn't know anything.

And all he did was get lost in George again because it was easy, he was used to it, the other gave a respite from these things that were frustrating to work out on his own and, well, because George offered.

It started as a text today.

Dream's screen lit over his face in previously dim light, sinking back into the warm comfort of pillows on his bed, staring up at the ceiling until the notification distracted him.

He let out a short breath, the building excitement starting, washing over him in slow motions because nothing felt as good as George reaching out for him, only wanting and seeking him.

That was probably a large reason why Dream let this thing go on for so long. The attention was always immediately gratifying.

However, the message wasn't what he expected.

/Is your door locked?/ George asked, making Dream's eyes flick up to the entrance, almost thinking the other would open it before he even had a chance to reply.

But all was quiet, and no sudden appearance was made, so Dream let out his held in exhale and typed his response.

/No/, Dream sent back, anticipating George to make his way here, let himself in the room now that Dream had confirmed what the other most likely already knew as Dream rarely locked his door just in case this exact scenario may happen.

Instead, George stayed put, wherever he was, seemingly content to message directions and not enact them in person, directing Dream with a simple, straight to the point, /Good. Now start jerking off/

Dream hesitated at this point, not knowing why the other wouldn't just do this himself, answering with a stupid sounding, /What/

/Just do it/

He almost did right on command, but Dream couldn't help but pause, wondering if the other was playing with him, especially with this request. George had just said before that this was something he wasn't allowed to do, and now demanding for it.

So before possibly ever being in the wrong, Dream sent a hurried, /Are you going to come in here?/

/No/, was George's response, which made Dream huff, having to begin this without the other and not even a promise that he would get rewarded with George by the end of it.