Back to School.

"How was your time with your dad?" Erica asked Liam as they walked to the bus stop.
"It was good, but are you sure that you're not still mad at me?"
"Why would I be mad?"
"I only spent time with you 4 out of our 14 days off," he said, obviously feeling guilty or embarrassed.
"It's fine. Really. I was mad at first, but I realized that was stupid. I shouldn't be mad at you for spending time with your family. I had to do some thinking anyways," Erica said shrugging.
"Thinking? What kind of thinking?"
"I'm just thinking about high school. Actually, more about my future. I have no idea what I want to do with my life."
"How about spending time with me?"
"I can't get paid for that," she joked.
He laughed and shrugged. "I'll talk to my parents about paying you then."
Erica brushed her arm against his as the bus pulled up. They waited for the bus driver to give the hand signal to cross the street, so when he finally took his hand down, Erica and Liam hurried across the street. "Morning," Liam said nicely as him and Erica walked toward the middle of the bus. The farthest they could go was seat 14, so they decided to sit in seat 12 which was one of the only seats opened.
"I hate this bus," Erica groaned.
"It's not that bad. It's a free ride, and you don't have to help pay for gas."
Erica smiled and shrugged. "I guess."
"I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up in 5 minutes."
"You'll have better luck asking the 6th grader in the front of the bus to wake you up," Erica said, smiling.
Liam rolled his eyes and gave up on his nap.
"Fine, I'll sleep in math class. At least my desk buddy will wake me up when the teacher starts walking back to my seat," Liam said, pretending to be mad.
Erica laughed and looked out the bus window. They were two minutes from getting to the middle school. They were taking a left turn, and she felt like the bus was going to tip over of how far it was turning. I swear...Putting kids on a bus is dangerous for their health.
"I hope you know that you said that out loud," Liam told her.
"I did?"
"Yeah. Caught a couple of the kids attention in front of you," Liam said, laughing.
Erica rolled her eyes as she noticed a few kids standing up which caused the bus driver to get mad. He always thought it was unsafe to stand up on the bus while he was driving. That's why Erica waited until he was two seconds till stopping, so the bus driver wouldn't yell at her as much as the other kids. Liam got up with Erica, and a girl in a grade higher than them let them out in front of her. Her name was Eleanor Amos. She had long dark brown hair that was curly and went down to the middle of her back, she had brown eyes, was a straight A student, had lots of friends, was very liked and was very funny and nice. She also was supposed to wear glasses, but she transferred to contacts a few months ago. When she let them out, Erica said, "thank you" to her and continued on her way.
Eleanor nodded and followed her off the bus, and she followed quietly behind them to the middle school since she was only in 8th grade. Erica turned around and smiled at her. "Hi. You're Eleanor Amos, right? The smartest kid in the 8th grade?" Erica asked.
Eleanor smiled and nodded. "I wouldn't say I'm the smartest, but I do have mostly A's. People always judge me by my grades, and they think I'm some smart chick that knows everything. There's more to me than that, though," Eleanor replied.
"Yeah, I understand. Everyone's just judging you at what you can or can't do."
"Yeah... What about you? Do you have A's or B's?"
"Actually. I'm not too bad, but I'm having trouble in math though. Math is my lowest grade, and it's my first ever C."
Eleanor giggled. "A 'C' isn't the worst thing in the world. As long as you don't fail, you should be alright."
Erica just looked at her. "Would you be fine with a C?"
"I was just kidding, but really. So. You're having trouble in math? That's my best subject, other than Language Arts or Writing and Reading. Depending on what grade you're in."
"I'm in 7th, but I need desperate help in math."
They were just walking into the school, and Erica noticed that Liam was sitting by Bradley at one of the lunch tables. They also use the tables for breakfast. "Do you need a tutor? I could always help you in math," Eleanor suggested.
"Really? You would really do that?" Erica asked, trying to keep her voice down.
"Of course. Just tell me when you need it. Here's my number..." Eleanor trailed off, grabbing a piece of paper and pen as she wrote her number down. Eleanor handed the paper to her and smiled as she walked to her locker.
"Thanks!" Erica called after her. Eleanor turned around and smiled at her before turning back to her locker.
Erica looked around and Liam was still talking to Bradley. Erica rolled her eyes as she walked past him towards the classrooms and lockers that belonged to the 7th graders. "Hey. I'll catch up with you in Science. We have it first this week!" Liam called after her.
"Joy," she said sarcastically to herself as she opened her locker.
She looked through her book bag and noticed that she didn't have her phone. She set her book bag in her locker and kept looking, but she couldn't find it at all. I left it at home. Crap. Erica shoved her bookbag and coat in her locker, and she grabbed her books she needed for her next classes before lunch. The bell rang, but she was in no rush to class. While she was walking, she could hear the mob coming through behind her, so she quickened her pace. Most of them were athletes with their girlfriends or buddies, so she wouldn't have to walk too fast. She wasn't the only one not in the mood to go to class....
That's for sure.