July

The first month of summer went by pretty fast after Liam and Erica made up, and they weren't so happy about it. They wanted summer to last as long as possible, so if they wanted to sleep in all day they could. They hardly ever slept in past 11:00, so as soon as they both were awake, they would go to the each other's houses. Sometimes they wouldn't wait until the other person woke up. Last week was the 4th of July, and Liam and Erica's families went together. Both families sat near each other which gave them bonding time, and Liam's father was even there. It seemed like forever since Liam got to spend time with his father since he was always with Erica. They all had fun watching fireworks and talking amongst themselves.
This summer has meant a lot to Liam because it's the first summer that Erica and him spent together as a couple. They've been together for 6 months, and they were both very happy about it. They were really happy together ,and they never left each other's side except to use the bathroom or obvious stuff like that. It was now the second week of July, and Liam and Erica wanted to make sure they spent it very wisely. They had to spend every moment together even if it meant hanging out with people they didn't want to.

"I can't believe it's been a week since the 4th of July already," Erica said as a commercial was on during a show they were watching.
"I know, it's crazy," Liam agreed.
Erica smiled and sat back on the couch. "Are we going to watch T.V. all day?" she asked.
"Did you want to do something else?" Liam asked.
"Not really. I don't really feel like doing anything else," Erica said, shrugging.
"Sounds good," Liam said, smiling as he yawned.
"Are Sundays your tired days?" Erica asked, smiling.
"It's Sunday? I thought it was Thursday," Liam said confused.
Erica laughed and shook her head. "It's summer. You can never tell the days of the week apart anymore."
Liam shrugged and yawned again as he heard Erica giggle.

****

Erica and Liam were standing in Liam's kitchen while they were watching one of Liam's sisters trying to cook Ramen Noodles on the stove.
"I don't think you're going to get it," Liam said with his arms crossed.
"I will!"
"No, I think you won't. There's not even any water in the thing!" Erica looked at the pot she was cooking it in, and Liam wasn't kidding. There wasn't any water in the pot, but the stove was on.
"You're supposed to have water?" his sister asked, sounding shocked.
"How about...We step away while I cook these for you," Liam said softly, slowly approaching her.
"No! I want to cook," his sister argued.
Liam shook his head and sighed. "I'll cook this time, and you can cook next time if you watch me very carefully," he said softly, trying to get his sister to get rid of her stubbornness.
"Do you promise?"
"Yes, I promise," Liam said, smiling at Erica while she just shook her head. Liam chuckled under his breath as he put water in the pan.
"How do you deal with him?" Liam's sister asked Erica with an eyebrow arched.
"I should be asking you that. He's your brother."
"True."
"Hey! I'm right here," Liam exclaimed, putting the pan on the stove.
"Why do you think we're so miserable?" his sister spat.
Erica chuckled and grabbed Liam's sister. "Come on, I'm getting tired of standing."
Ruth jumped up and down, and she pulled Erica with her to the kitchen table. Erica laughed and sat back in her chair as she watched Liam continue to make the noodles on the stove.
The next day, Erica and Liam met up with Taylor and Bradley. They decided to meet up at the park, but when they saw Taylor and Bradley, they saw Adam.
"Adam, what are you doing here?" Liam asked with Erica close to his side.
"I didn't know I had to make a reservation to be at a public park," Adam said sarcastically.
Liam rolled his eyes and turned to Bradley. "Is AJ supposed to be here too?"
"She was, but she saw Adam..."
"That explains it," Liam said, laughing.
"I don't get why she hates me so much," Adam said, shrugging.
"You were supposed to be mad at her, I thought. Didn't you date her sister?" Erica said, sounding more confused than ever.
"Yes, I did date her sister, which by the way was the worst mistake of my life. Anyways, I was mad at her for a few months, but now I'm over it. I try to talk to her, but she won't give me the time of day," Adam explained.
"Maybe it's because you were mad at her when she didn't even do anything. Just because her sister broke up with you or whatever doesn't mean you should be mad at AJ," Liam said.
"I know, but I've been trying to apologize. Nothing is working."
"Do you really want to be her friend again?"
"Yes I do."
"AJ is a very stubborn girl. You are going to have to convince her really hard to get her to talk to you," Bradley added.
"Tell me about it."
Everyone started walking to the ice cream shop when Erica's phone started ringing.
"Hello?"
"Hey. Where are you right now?"
"At the ice cream shop with the group."
"Is Adam still there?"
"Sadly."
"Nevermind then."
"AJ, wait... Are you really still mad at him?"
"Why shouldn't I be? He was mad at me first, and..."
"And what?"
"He chose my sister over me." click.
Erica looked at her phone with a blank face. "What the...?"
"What happened?" Taylor asked.
"Hey Adam. I have a question. Do you like AJ more than a friend?" Erica said, ignoring Taylor's concern.
Adam took awhile to answer, but he looked at her. "I don't know. I think she's really pretty, but I'm not sure if I would say that."
"Well. Okay. Now, I know why she's so mad at you."
"Did she say that I chose her sister over her?"
"How do you know she said that?"
"She wasn't talking quietly."
"Then...Maybe."
"Wow," was the last thing Adam said for the rest of that day. He ended up leaving a few minutes later, making up an excuse like: "I need to take my sister to the doctor." It was pretty lame, but no one stopped him.
After he left, the rest of the kids decided to go to Bradley's house to have a snack. "Why are we going to Bradley's again?" Erica asked.
"Are you hungry or not?" Liam asked her, smirking.
"I am, but why his house?"
"Why don't you like my house?" Bradley asked, pretending to be offended.
Erica smiled but shrugged. "I do."
"Mm...Hmm," he said, grabbing his keys out of his pocket.
"Aren't your parents home?" Taylor asked him.
"Mom is at work and Dad is at a friends watching football. Also, my sister is at her boyfriends, so we are by ourselves."
Erica felt a nervous rush go through her for a second, but she ignored it. She gulped and stepped into his house with Liam and Taylor. They got in the house, and there was a bag of chips on the floor.
"Bradley? Why are there chips on the floor?" Liam asked.
"Oh... That was my breakfast."
Everyone rolled their eyes. Bradley was something else alright.

*******

Adam was sitting in his room that night doing some thinking. He was thinking about AJ. He was trying to figure out if he really likes her the way she used to like him or still does. He just couldn't see why it has come to this. He just wanted to be friends, but he sort of felt like there's something more. Should I talk to her tomorrow when the other kids are doing to do something with her?
Adam wanted to be more careful this time since he was careless when he was with AJ's sister. AJ. Huh? Adam could remember when he asked Bridget why she went by that name, and she said that AJ stood for Anne Jones. AJ just felt like that Anne Jones is too girly. Adam smiled at that. Too girly? I love non-girly girls. He shook his head and stood up, and he walked over to his bed. He slowly got under his covers and closed his eyes. I will talk to AJ tomorrow, even if it kills me.

****

AJ woke up that morning feeling a funny feeling in her stomach, like something interesting was going to happen today. She got up and looked in the mirror, and when she looked in it, she had to jump back. Her hair was in a big clump on a section of her head, she had dry drool on her cheek and she had dry mascara down her cheeks. Yikes, she thought to herself as she continued on her way to the bathroom to comb her hair. After she combed her hair out, all she had to do was wash her face, but she would wait until after breakfast since she was taking a shower anyways.
When she was making her way down the stairs, she heard her phone vibrate in her pocket, but she just ignored the call. Unfortunately, someone called her again when she took her first step into the kitchen, so she gave up and answered it.
"Hello?" she answered with annoyance in her voice.
"Hey there, sunshine. Feel like coming out for ice cream?" It was Taylor.
"I just woke up."
"I didn't say now. I meant in a couple hours."
"Is that the only reason you called?"
"Was I supposed to call for something else?"
"No, but...Nevermind. Is Adam going to be there?"
"No. I think Erica and Liam are coming, but I'm not sure."
"Okay, I'll be there."
"Nice! See you later."
"See ya."
AJ hung up the phone and sighed. "Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" she asked herself as she grabbed some pop tarts and cereal out of the cupboard.
"Bad feeling about what?" her sister asked as she joined her without noticing her face.
AJ turned around and heard her gasp, but she ignored it. "Taylor called me to ask me to join them for ice cream."
"Awesome! Can I come?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"Don't you have your own friends?"
"Yeah, but..."
"No buts."
"Gosh, you sound like my mom."
"Nice."
"Why do you have a bad feeling about it?"
"I have a feeling Adam will be there."
"Adam who?"
"You know exactly who he is. The one I was mad at you for for at least half a year," AJ said, putting her hand on her hip.
"Oh, that loser? Why are you so worried about him?"
"He's been trying to talk to me for the past week, but I'm trying to ignore him."
"You have a crush on him, right?"
AJ had to take a double take. "What?"
"You like him, don't you? That's why you were so mad that he chose me over you?"
That struck a nerve. "Why are you even here anyways? I'm trying to eat breakfast, but as long you're in sight, I'll just throw up."
"Aww. Someone's jealous."
AJ couldn't take it anymore. AJ took a deep breath and socked her sister in the stomach, and as she watched her sister fall which seemed like forever, she just had this feeling inside like she didn't know how to feel anymore. She just punched her sister. Over Adam. Does she really like him that much to put her hands on her own flesh and blood?
"Why did...you do that for?" Bridget asked, coughing up a lung.
"You...You made me mad."
"I was just playing around with you!"
"Well... I have sensitive feelings."
"Obviously,"she said with an eye roll as she managed to stand up.
"I'm sorry."
"Sure you are. Maybe I should call Adam and tell him you like him."
"See if I care, you can go die for all I care," AJ said, but she said that last part in a mumble.
"What was that?"
"Nothing. I'm going to eat breakfast in my room."
"Mom won't like that."
"I would rather get grounded than stand here and look at your face,"AJ said, running upstairs without another word. She put her bowl of cereal on her table next to her bed, and she got out her phone and called Taylor. Taylor picked up within the first ring.
"Hello?"
"Taylor...Something's wrong with me...Very wrong."
"What? What's happening?"
"I just punched my sister over Adam."
"Adam? Is he there?"
"Of course not! Bridget kept rubbing in my face how he chose her over me, and something struck a nerve and BAM! I did it."
"Calm down. It's okay."
"No it's not.... I think...I think I like Adam."
"Well, anyone could've told you that."
"Seriously Taylor. I admit it now, I like him." AJ could feel herself slowly breaking down.
"I think we really need that ice cream."