Bad luck with Dating

Erica and Luke have been broken up for a couple months now, and Erica was not in the mood in dating anyone else at the moment. How could she date anyone else if she's still not over Liam? He was always on her mind, and that wasn't going to change anytime soon.
Taylor and AJ have planned a girls night at Taylor's house since Erica has been in the dumps. Erica arrived at her house around 7:30, and when she arrived there, AJ was already there with Taylor.
"Am I late?" Erica asked as she put her sleepover bag behind Taylor's couch.
"Not at all, we were just early," AJ said, looking at Taylor.
"Well, I've been here awhile since it's my house, but yeah...AJ was early."
Erica nodded and sat down with the girls and laid her back against the couch cushions.
"How are you feeling?" Taylor asked Erica.
"I'm fine."
"You're over Luke?"
"Way over him. It's not the fact that he cheated on me and we broke up, but it's the fact that I have so much bad luck with dating."
AJ and Taylor exchanged looks. "Erica. You don't have bad luck with dating. You just found the wrong guy to go with after Liam left. There's a lot more boys out there for you date until you can be with Liam again," AJ assured her.
Erica just shrugged. "I guess so."
"Hey, let's have fun tonight and we'll worry about them boys later," Taylor said, smiling as she stood up.
Erica liked that idea, so she stood up with AJ and followed Taylor into the kitchen. They grabbed popcorn bags, M & M bags and a few chip bags. They put the popcorn in the microwave, then they went back in the living room to find a movie either on Netflix or Taylor's movie collection. This is going to be a fun night, Erica thought to herself as she joined the girls on the floor to decide on the movie.
"What about this one?" AJ said, holding up Insidious 3.
"No!" Erica exclaimed. "What is wrong with you?"
"You love scary movies!"
"I know that, but not tonight."
"What do you want, then?" she said, rolling her eyes.
"Now that I think of it, I am in the mood for a scary movie."
"It's your choice tonight, Erica," Taylor said, motioning her towards the movies.
"Thanks guys."
They popped in a scary movie that Erica chose, and they all sat on the couch, getting ready. They all snuggled up with their blankets until.... *Beep. Beep. Beep.* They all groaned as they all yelled, "NOT IT!"
Unfortunately, AJ had to get up and get it. "Favoritism."
"AJ, you know we love you."
"Yeah, yeah. Keep telling yourself that."
They laughed and waited for AJ to gather the popcorn and join them. It took her a few minutes, but she eventually came back. She handed each girl a bag and looked around. "Are we good now?"
"Actually....."
"Too late, get it yourself," AJ said, covering herself up with a blanket.
"You're lucky I love you," Erica laughed.
"Ready, ladies?" Taylor asked, holding up the remote.
"Do it," they said in unison.
Taylor pushed play and Erica reached over to shut off the lights. Erica looked at her friends, who were groaning at the previews. She began to think to herself, I don't think I could've been any luckier to have these guys. Even when I was such a jerk towards them, they forgave me. I don't think I would be able to survive without them. Liam might be gone, but I know I can make it through because I have my best friends.
Her thoughts were interrupted by the creepy music starting to play, indicating that the menu screen was up. "Push play!" AJ exclaimed.
"I'm getting to it!" Taylor pushed play, setting the remote down on the arm of the couch. "There, relax."
Erica shook her head, smiling. It started to play as they shoved their hands in the popcorn bags.

****************

Eleanor and Ryan were walking hand in hand to Ryan's house after Ryan and his friends had their own little football game. Ryan and Eleanor walked into Ryan's house, and they looked around to find out that Ryan's parents were gone. Ryan checked the whole house, but he came downstairs to tell Eleanor that they were all alone. Eleanor just shrugged and thought about what they should do for the rest of the night.
Eleanor knew exactly what Ryan had in mind, but Eleanor wasn't ready for that. She has been up since 6:00 a.m., and she has been cleaning non-stop at her house and the restaurant she worked at. She's 15, but she has a job at her mom's restaurant, helping wait tables and clean up after closing hours.
Ryan walked over to her and sat down. "What did you think about the football game today?" he asked her, wrapping his arms around her shoulders.
Eleanor shrugged. "It was alright. You did pretty good."
"I thought so, too."
"Your friends were doing pretty good, too," Eleanor teased him. She liked making him think she was into his friends because it always made him upset. She thought it was pretty cute that he actually got jealous.
"They were following my lead."
"Sure they were," Eleanor said, kissing him on the cheek before getting up to go to the bathroom.
Before she closed the bathroom door, Ryan called out, "Love you." Eleanor smiled and closed the bathroom door.