It All Changed (Cuddles x Toothy)

Cuddles POV

It's been roughly a month since I broke up with Giggles. When we broke up, I saw her on a date with Russell. Turns ot, she wasn't just dating Russell at the same time as me, but she had also dated Mole, Mime, Flippy, Lumpy and even Cro-Marmot. She took the breakup well and started looking for other guys. Meanwhile, I found refuge in talking to Toothy, my very best friend. I started hanging out with him a lot more, and our friendship grew.

One night, we were just sat looking at the stars when something popped into my mind.
Cuddles: Hey, bro?
Toothy: Yeah?
Cuddles: Just been thinking. Giggles dated a lot of men. Russel, Mole, Flippy, even Cro-fricking-Marmot, but she never dated you. Why?
Toothy was quiet for a second, then he spoke.
Toothy: Remember when you came out as bi to me?
Cuddles: Like yesterday.
Toothy: Well, Giggles did start hitting on me and even asked me out. I declined. I did it because I'm gay. Never liked women, and never will.

This was a game changer. I told him that I'd support him, no matter what. We became even closer after that. In fact, whenever I was near him, I would get this weird feeling. I would be at a loss for words when I spoke to him. I could feel my cheeks getting warmer and probably turning red. If I tried to walk, I had to be careful otherwise I would fall over. And, most of all, I kept feeling this dull ache in my heart. I didn't know what to do, so I went to talk to someone who knew a bit about romance, and he had one of the best romantic relationship in the forest.

Handy: So, what brings you here?
I was sat in Handy's house on an armchair he made himself to talk about me and Toothy.
Cuddles: I wanna talk about some weird feelings I'm getting. Like, I've got this odd pain in my chest.
Handy: Like a sharp stabbing pain around your heart?
Cuddles: No, it's kinda like this dull ache, right in the middle.
Handy: Oh ho ho, looks like the king's fancying a new queen!
Cuddles: Actually, it's a dude. Toothy, to be exact.
Handy: Well, to be honest, that doesn't change much. Just find your own way of saying that you love him. I did that with Petunia, and she's now my girlfriend!

Not only was I happy that Handy was cool with my sexuality, but I knew exactly what to do. When we were younger, we used to give each other cards with little messages on them. So, I went to my local arts and crafts shop and bought a completely blank card. When I got home, I set to work. Glue. Glitter. Sequins. Buttons. And a loving message on the inside. I was ready. I invited Toothy to a cafe so we could talk about it.

Toothy: So, what's on your mind?
Cuddles: Well, I wanted to give you this. You know, just like old times. I hope you like it.
I slid the card across the table, leaving behind a trail of red glitter. He read it, and put the card down, his face turning from purple to red.
Toothy: I-i-i don't know what to say. We've been friends for so many years, it feels like we've been more than friends. You know what? This is finally my opinion. Screw it. I'm dating you!

We both stood up and hugged. I never wanted to let go. I did it. I just asked him out with a positive response. We left the cafe with my arm around his shoulder, and who should we see but Giggles, flirting with Russell. She saw us, and a look of shock washed over her.
Cuddles: Suck it, loser.