If Only I Had Hands (Handy x Petunia)

Handy POV

We've been taking hands granted for our whole lives. Even if you only have one hand, you should consider yourself lucky. To all the folks out there with no hands, I feel you. All I got are these stumpy little nubs. Not only is it a major inconvenience, but there are so many things I can't do that make my life hell.

Although it seems like I have a heart of stone, I have a soft spot for my girlfriend, Petunia. I love her with all of my heart, but I can't do simple things like hug her or hold a bouquet of flowers for her. I try to help her out around the house, but that's a lot harder with no hands. *sigh* I've often thought about giving up, but then I think of Petunia, and it changes. However, I've been pretty hopeless. Until now.

Sniffles invited me over to his lab the other day to test out this endo-arm he had been working on. He fixed it onto my right arm, and I swear to God, it was a complete game changer. I could control it with my brain, and it felt so good to finally hold something! Sniffles said that the left hand would be done by next week, and I was overjoyed that my hands would be back. I ran back home, burst through the door, found Petunia, and hugged her.

Petunia: What the-
Handy: Chill. It's only me.
Petunia: Wait...why are you smiling? And why do you have a robot hand now?
Handy: Sniffles fixed me up with this cybernetic hand. I'm like RoboBeaver!
Petunia: So, is this just for style, or does it actually work?
Handy: Oh, it works all right. Take a look at this, babe!
I walked over to Petunia's dressing table. There was a bottle of perfume she always used, so I reached over and, much to her surprise, picked it up.

Petunia: Woah! That's amazing! I assume you'll be getting the other hand?
Handy: Sniffles said it would be done for next week.
Petunia: I'm so happy for you, dear! I love seeing you smile.
I had the widest smile on my face, which was a rare sight. I finally had hands, and a new horizon was awakening. I ran over to Petunia and hugged and kissed her once more.