Part 1

(undiagnosed ADHD me just be like: "yeah let's just start a new book. What's the worst that could happen?!")

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Was this...really the one? I strolled through the Crimson Forest, hand-in-hand with Valarie, the beautiful fair-haired princess of the Tundra. It was amazing how well the two of us got along! Opposites must really attract. Her family was of the poorest of the royalty sprouting across all three realms --royalty which were all immortal by blood-- and I, by far one of the richest of the royals besides my brother Notch himself. She was expressive, shy, but still outgoing and friendly, while I was often bold, stoic, and reserved. And, of course, she was far more used to the freezing while I was more comfortable with the blazing heat... And yet, somehow, we made things work while having a good time all the same.

We laughed merrily, engaging in casual chatter all the way down the sparse cobble path. Our fingers were entwined as we walked, and... it really felt right.

Finally, we arrived at the destination the old but charming path lead to. With excitement, I revealed around the corner, a pretty fountain which spout water mixed with glowing Shroom-juice, which kept the water from evaporating. But the fountain was only to the side of the main attraction, along with a picnic table and benches. The main attraction: a large slab of bedeock in the very center of sparse cobble and gravel around it. In this jagged bedrock stone, which had been here long before my time, was an enchanted Netherite blade, beautifully decorated with gold along the handle and blade.

"Oh, Hero.." Valarie gasped, her hands flying up to cover her mouth. She knew what this was about right away. She became as excited as I. "Do you REALLY think I am the one??" She asked me, staring at the blade.

"Yes... I do." I smiled back softly. "We have known each other for over 300 years..." I then got down on one knee, holding her hand in both of mine. "All of my life, I have been looking for the one. All these years..after so many others... Who would have known the one REALLY for me...was my best friend all along..? Valarie, will you...take up the blade..and become my wife..?" Valarie was obviously flustered, bursting with joy. Her fare cheeks were redder than I had ever seen them before; such a beautiful sight! No matter the mood, she always looked like an angel.

"Yes!" Valarie exclaimed. At once, she leapt for the sword implanted within the bedrock, carefully grasping the handle. Looking directly into my glowing white eyes, and I into her glowing blue irises, she pulled on the handle --up.

It didn't budge. My heart crashed into the ground. But, still desperately hopeful, I looked back from the sword to her eyes again, chuckling slightly. She let out an awkward giggle, this time putting more effort into pulling out the object. Not an inch. 

"Here.. Maybe we just need to pull it out together..?" I suggested, walking up to the sword and grasping it as well. We both attempted, to no avail. Trembling now, my anger bubbled. I kicked the sword, and Valarie tried pulling it out from a different angle. "No.. I- I thought you were the one- honest!" By now Valarie had already backed away, now distancing herself from the stubborn blade.

"Hero.." She called. I was still pulling on the sword, desperately trying to get it to come OUT.

"Ugh! It must just be broken!" With a much stronger kick this time, I managed to scuff the once perfect blade of the gleaming sword.

"Hero!!" I finally turned to look back at her, tears in my eyes. "...It's okay..." She whispered, setting into me finally that I had been wrong the whole way here, all this time, and she WASN'T actually the one for me... At the very least, it was a depressing realization. "...We can still be friends...right.?" She offered her hand. A swelling bundle of emotions inside of me, I repressed them, instead calmly stepping down from the bedrock. And after a long pause, I shook her hand stiffly.