Part 4

A hand on your shoulder, you appeared suddenly in the dark outdoors. The moon shined overhead, forming stripes of shadow on the floor with the iron railings to your right. Silently, the two of you stood facing the front door of your dorm room, which with access to the outdoors right outside the room felt more like a small apartment. The hand still on your shoulder then pushed you forwards, away from it.

"Your room, ma'am." Herobrine spoke gruffly. You meekly stepped forwards, holding your sides as you approached the still doors, shaken. It had all ended so abruptly. Didn't help that you witnessed first hand the man behind you shouting so venomously at 303... It just didn't make sense... "I still don't get it.- Why did you choose to come in the first place? Didn't I make it clear earlier I wanted you out of my life until you were needed?!"

"-You know; maybe the exact reason I decided to go was the exact same reason you hate me so much!" You burst, spinning around with tears in your eyes. The Nether King's intimidating figure under the little light caught you slightly off guard, but you pressed on. "Maybe it was because I simply wanted to know what it was like!.. I've been going to this school for almost a whole year now, and yet I had NO idea what going to parties was like for you, what friendships looked like for you, heck, not even what your own house and food looked like for you!.. Is it really such a bad thing to be curious?!"

"Trust me, the real life of an Immortal is nothing to gawk at... It's nothing but meetings and the occasional treaty to sign.." Herobrine interjected. "Of course, you wouldn't comprehend an ounce of it with your schooling. It would take you years of training simply to exist in the same sphere as I. My, Jeb, girl, you probably couldn't even preform the simplest of dances.." Herobrine scoffed. This only infuriated you further.

"Oh yeah?!" Sticking up your fists quickly before bringing them back down, but still retaining that spunky, daring energy. "Oh, just try me! I've been the best in dance class now for almost ten mo- aa!" You yelped when the dark figure stepped forward, glowing eyes staring down into yours. A large hand wrapped around your back and the other grabbed your right hand, pulling it away from you a little.

You were almost too stunned for a moment to even realize what he was doing. But soon, you realized he was swaying slightly, waiting for you to join in. Quickly recognizing the rhythm he was going for, you began stepping in all the right directions. Though counted the simplest dance, it was oddly complex; nothing like those barn dances you used to do back at home, which consisted mostly of slapping your knees and flinging yourself around the room laughing until you were too tired to continue. This was very precise, to the point...leaving no room for error. The pressure was real too. More stressful than the literal test you had to take a few weeks ago. Your palms were sweaty, your mind in a panic. You could feel the powerful man's eyes judging your every movement; your every minor mistake. To your surprise, he danced with elegance not even your teacher could dream to possess, seeming to glide wherever he went. You, though pretty good in your class, felt like an absolute failure in comparison. But still, you didn't give up. Your stubbornness didn't want to admit defeat and prove his point further. So the two of you were locked into a stare, both half-glaring at the other. Finally, the final twirl and dip came, ending the dance with you being held, halfway to the ground, in the Nether King's arms.

It felt like at last you could breathe, as if the entire dance you had been holding your breath. Herobrine's slightly glowing, blank white eyes..were never changing.

"...You're just a little girl..." At last came his rough whisper. Your eyebrows furrowed.

"And you're just a weird, old man..." The Immortal then brought you back to your feet casually, as if not even hearing the insult, and stepped away from you again.