Part 8

"Morning, Dad." You stomped groggily down the stairs, rubbing your eyes. It was pretty bright outside, but your eyes had been too fuzzy at the time to look at your alarm clock.

"Evenin, (Y/n)." Your dad smiled. He was currently washing the dishes, his back to you. In the background, you heard one of your younger cousins chasing after a little sibling. Surprising you hadn't been woken by them sooner.

"Evening..?" Yawn. "What time is it?" Tiredly, you stood on your tiptoes to reach the box of cereal in one of the top cabinets. Then you moseyed through the fridge until you had your milk too.

"Ohh, about 1, maybe 2 PM.." You nearly spilled your cereal as you poured it...over your milk.

"Wh?!" You gasped. "Wh-? Is Herobrine gone then??"

"Yep!... Helped me push my new truck out'a mud pit this morning though before he left...so that was nice of 'im."

"Oh.." You didn't quite understand why you were disappointed he was gone so soon. But, there you were, staring down at your poor cereal bowl as if it had done something wrong.

"Your, uhh, friend is 'ere though.."  Your dad said, pointing out the window right in front of him. In view was the massive field and trees surrounding it. You stood up from your chair, squinting out the window. In the far distance was the flock of sheep. One of them, oddly enough, was standing upright on two feet. However, after some further inspection, you identified the white blob as 303. "Yeh, he's been out there nearly all day now with the sheep... No one's exactly built up the courage to ask'm why he's here, though." He chuckled. You only sighed.

"Alright.. I'll go out there after breakfast and talk to him. Probably just wants to wish me a happy birthday."

"Well, heh, you sure have been making some strange new friends these past few years... Like that Kiidon guy, for instance." Your dad nonchalantly added the last part. You stopped mid bite. 

"...Hooow do you know about him..?"

"The tall grey one? Oh, he's been visiting us every now and then. It's become a running joke that he always seems to miss you, since every time he shows up, you're gone somewhere!" Your dad laughed. You were...not as peppy from hearing this... Kiidon was smarter than that.

...Why did he want to talk to your parents so much..? And behind your back?..

"Uh-heh... R-really?... Wh-at do you guys usually talk about, huh?"

"Oh, the usual, I guess. I see why you've become such good friends with 'im. A very open minded individual, always eager to help. He has no idea how farm life works, so it's funny havin' him help with the chores!" Dad laughed, remembering something fondly as he dried off a plate with a rag. You were...somewhat confused. Close friends..? It had been almost an entire year since you saw him last! And he was nice and all, but you really only got to talk to him maybe once or twice. Enough to consider him a friend, but "good friends"?. This meant that either Kiidon simply misread things a little bit and thought you two were a lot closer than you actually were... Or, perhaps, something a little bit more devious was going on behind the scenes... For everyone's sake, you hoped it was the first. Better to assume the best in people than be paranoid and sad all of the time. For now, you just continued eating in silence, letting the issue slide.

----

"Yo, 303!" You called to the immortal, waving a large, easy to see wave at him. The younger immortal shot you a fast but small wave back.

"Sup!!" He was sitting out in the field, a ways away. You continued trotting through the tall grass as before, only now you already had said your greetings and so were by law of conversation, required to continue talking. However, with the distance still yet to cover, it would be hard to do that without a bunch of "what"s and "huh"s breaking up the supposedly simple conversation. 303 also looked pretty adamant about staying where he was. He just sat in the tall grass and stared at you. Occasionally, not to make it awkward, he would look down at his lap or pet one of the recently sheered sheep grazing next to him. You also occasionally turned your head away after realizing you were staring as well.