Part 5

(Please comment if you are enjoying the book!)

Your mother slapped the day's news on the table right before you as you ate. You were so in a daze, eating your cereal, that the sudden noise and object made you jump.

"So THIS is where you were last night?! ENGAGED? Why didn't you tell me!?!" Your mother got onto you, standing intimidatingly over your shoulder. Thankfully it was just you in the room, or else the whole family would have been in a fuss! "Just wait until your father hears about this! I know he never would have agreed to this! An immortal?! What were you thinking!?" Looking at the news paper your mother's hand was still leaning on, you saw the black and white picture of Herobrine kissing you on the FRONT page! In bold above it: "Herobrine Has A Fiancé!" It would be nearly impossible to dig yourself out of this one!

"I can explain!"

"Oh, you better!! I know I've been pressuring you lately to find man, but if I had known you were going to do THIS!-" Your Mom suddenly looked and sounded like she was about to cry. "I just don't know what to think! I can't let my poor baby marry an immortal, you know that! You'd be so far away, and with a man I don't even know the A-GE of!"

"605.."

"Is that supposed to HE-LP!?" Your mother slid into the other corner chair at your left so she was partially facing you. With a saddened expression, she held one of your hands in both of hers, holding back the tears. Your eyes wandered away from hers, unable to meet with her eyes directly. You felt ashamed for holding such important information from your mom for so long... Better now than never to explain yourself.

"Mom... Do you..remember the sword I brought from the Nether?"

"Yes?"

"It...is a very special sword... One attached to a prophecy.. One that has to do with Herobrine.." You could sense your mother flinch slightly, grasping your hand tighter. "It was apparently stuck in bedrock for CENTURIES, waiting for 'the one' to pull it out... I was...that one."

"And what about this prophecy would make Herobrine of all people want to marry you? I mean- this all sounds so unrealistic. How am I supposed to believe you are destined for something so-?"

"-Please..." Long pause. "The prophecy said something about me being destined to be with Herobrine...like I was the perfect match for him. Because of that...it was fate itself that brought us together. And, no. He didn't propose to me. He just asked me to pretend we were engaged for an event... I'm...sorry, Mom, I really wanted to tell you about all of this-- but I was only 16 at the time and KNEW you wouldn't take it well! That's why...I was going to wait a little longer before I told you... I'm sorry." You ended. Your mother sat silently for a long, long time, still holding onto your hand. Then, you saw tears crawl down her face.

"My sweet, sweet baby girl... I never wanted you to keep secrets from me, especially ones so important!" She cried, more sad than angry. "No matter how important this Herobrine guy may be, I will never let him take you away from me...not without your consent and your father's blessing, at least!" Your free hand patted hers.

"I'm not really sure if there's anything you could do to keep him from getting what he wants.. He-"

"Now don't forget, I went to law school at your age! I can think of several laws he would be forced to follow --ones not even his status could protect him from! And even if he does find a way around them--I will kick, I will scream, and I will ruin his name for generations to come, publicizing what a real monster he is until he is forced to bend the knee and set you free! You don't have to be scared, my little (Y/n).... Your mommy's not a quitter.." Placing her hand on the side of your face, your mother gently forced you to look into her eyes. A kind but determined smile was on her face. And suddenly, you really wished you had told your momma sooner! All the hopelessness you had felt for the past YEARS was suddenly washed away. That lingering thorn in your side suddenly plucked out... After so long of seeing that prophecy as the only law, now you had genuine hope that things would go your way now. ..You wouldn't have to marry the man you hardly even knew..