pregnant?

The one where you might be pregnant

It was Thursday. You knew it was Thursday because it had been 7 days since you were supposed to get your period and you told yourself that once it hit a week you were gonna take a test. You didn't want to, but you had to for your own sanity.

Shawn was in the living room with his buddies watching a basketball game. It was an important one so you knew Shawn's focus was not on you, which at this point you were really grateful for.

After checking one more time to make sure you weren't bleeding you decided to head to the store and pick up a test. Even if you bought it, it didn't mean you had to use it. That's what you kept telling yourself.

You walked passed the couch that Shawn and his buddies were on and stopped to kiss Shawn.

"I'm going out to buy some snacks, I'll be back soon" you said as you walked to grab your keys.

"Okay, see you later" Shawn replied, keeping his eyes focused on the screen so that he didn't miss anything.

You got in your car and drove to the store. You went to the chip aisle and picked an assortment of flavours, then you put a case of Pepsi in your cart and continued wandering down the aisles, throwing things you thought sounded good in your cart. Anything to slow down time till you got to THE aisle.

And then you were there. With the boxes of condoms, there were the boxes of pregnancy tests. Funny they were beside each other.

You scanned the different boxes and ended up going with the one that said "pregnant" or "not pregnant" you didn't want any guessing happening.

You picked up a few more things before heading to self check out and then back to your car. You were sure to be quick scanning your items for fear of anyone seeing what you were buying.

As your drove back to your house you thought about the possible outcomes of the test. You didn't want to have a baby. Well you did, but not right now. You were only 22, Shawn was 25. It was too soon. You loved him and one day he would make a great father but that's just not what you want right now.

But if the test was positive you would have the baby. Sure it's unexpected, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily unwelcome. You tried to prepare yourself to be okay regardless of what the test might say.

You got back home and placed the bags on the kitchen counter. Shawn walked off the couch and over to you and the bags.

"Whatcha get?" He asked as he started opening one of the bags.

You quickly slapped his hand away.

"Ah, no touching. I'll bring out the snacks. It's a surprise okay?" You said hoping he didn't get a look at anything else that might be in the bag.

Shawn smiled at you and backed away with his hands in the air. He headed back to the couch with his friends while you got everything out of the bags and where they belonged.

Like you said, you brought out bowls of chips, popcorn, peanut m&m's and brownies.

"Enjoy" you said as you placed the bowls down. Shawn looked up at you and pulled your shirt to get you to bend down to his level.

"Thanks baby" he said and gave you a quick kiss on the lips.

You headed back to the kitchen, grabbed the bag that still had the pregnancy tests in it and headed to your room. You put the tests under the bathroom sink and laid in your bed watching tv. You planned to wait until after Shawn's friends went home to take the test. It felt weird to take it while they were sitting there, especially if it was positive.

After about an hour or so you heard Shawn saying goodbye to his friends and shutting the front door. You got out of your bed and was heading out to the living room to see Shawn when he came directly into your room.

"Are you pregnant?" He said directly.

You froze for a second. Clearly he saw the tests in the bag. "I don't know" you replied softly.

Shawn rubbed his hand across his forehead in a frustrated kind of way.

"I'm late, by a week. It could be nothing but I- I wanted to be sure" you started explaining to him.

"We- we were careful. We've been using protection" Shawn said to you loudly.

"I know, but it doesn't always work" you said quietly, trying to remain calm despite the fact that you were freaking out inside.

Shawn breathed heavily and sat on the end of the bed. "I don't want a kid, I'm not ready to be a dad" he said staring at the floor.

You went and sat next to him on the bed. You put your hands on his. "I know".

"We're too young. How would we take care of a kid?"

"I don't know" you said rubbing his hands.

"I'm scared" he said looking into your eyes.

"Me too. But we don't even know if it is something. I was waiting to take the test until after your friends left" you said still looking at him.

"Can you do it now?" He asked you softly.

"Yeah" you said and headed into the bathroom.

You unwrapped it, did your business and then sat in on the counter while you waited.

"Are you okay in there?" Shawn asked from outside the door.

"Mhm, just waiting for the results" you responded back to him while staring at the test while it loaded.

After what felt like an hour you looked down and saw two words "not pregnant". You let out a massive breath you didn't even know you were holding.

You opened the door and handed Shawn the test. He looked at it and also let out a sigh of relief.

"Guess we won't have to plan for a crib in this place" you jokingly said as you wrapped your arms around Shawn's body. He did the same and squeezed you gently.

"Guess not, but someday- someday we will, and you will be the best mother"

You smiled with your head pressed against his chest. You were happy, and loved, and couldn't wait for the future, but most importantly not pregnant.

A/n: oh hey there, it's been a while, sorry bout that. I kinda forgot about this app and uh haven't been on it in months but I'm back :)
Hope you enjoyed this one, I did. Idk I'm a sucker for anything pregnancy related but I thought this was cute. Anyways, hope you enjoyed. Please vote and comment and send me any requests you may have. Okay byeeeee.