song

The one where Shawn writes you a song

"Scoot over, would ya. I'm practically off the blanket, and the grass is cold" you nudged Shawn to the right, trying to get him to move over to give you more space on the blanket.

He chuckled and moved over a bit to allow you more room. His arm was around your body as you laid on top of it, your fingers intertwined.

"Do you ever think about how many clouds are in the sky?" Shawn asked staring up at it. It was a sunny day and the sky was full of clouds, varying in size and shape. You have always found clouds so satisfying.

"There's tons. We can't see all the clouds that are up there but I gather there are a lot more than we think there are" you said also staring up at the sky.

"I bet there are at least 30" Shawn says jokingly. You chuckle and turn your head to face Shawn. He feels you move and does the same, turning his head to face you.

"Wouldn't it be cool if we could touch a cloud, and like sit on one?" Shawn said to you.

You giggled. "It would be amazing if we could do that. Someone should really invent something to make that happen".

"I'm on it" Shawn said nodding and jokingly making a mental note.

You both laid there for a while, staring at each other. Sometimes you wondered how you ever got so lucky finding Shawn. Of all the people in the world you found each other. It really was special.

You and Shawn had been going out for almost a year, a milestone that you were so excited for.

As you were laying there Shawn sat up and removed his arm from under your head. You frowned a little at the disconnect but wondered what he was doing. He got up and ran over to his car, which was over in the parking lot pretty close to you.

He came back fairly quickly and was holding his guitar in his hand and a single rose in his other.

As he got back to you he sat down next to you, which you were now sitting up, and he handed you the rose.

"So I know this is kind of cheesy and I know I'm a little early on our one year but we're both so busy and I didn't know if we would have time for this on the actual day so I figured I would just do it now".

You gave him an adoring smile and blew him a kiss. "I love you".

"I love you more. And I wrote this song for you to describe how I feel about you because sometimes I don't know how to say it". He put his guitar in his lap and positioned his fingers on the strings.

He began singing.

"I can't imagine what a world would be
I can't imagine what a world would be
Without you
All the birds would stop their songs
Without you
All the things right would feel so wrong
I can't imagine what a world would be
No, I can't imagine what a world would be
Without you
I'd always be alone
Without you
I don't know where to go
I can't imagine what a world would be
No, I can't imagine what a world could be
I can't imagine what a world would be
I can't imagine
I can't imagine, no
I can't imagine, no, what a world would be
Without you
I'd always be alone
I'd always be alone"

He looked up at you and you were crying. You were so unbelievably lucky to have Shawn in your life.

You leaned into Shawn and hugged him tightly.

"Shawn that was beautiful, I- I don't even have words". You said as you hugged him.

You pulled away and placed a sweet kiss onto his lips.

You were still partially crying when you pulled away from his lips "this totally beats the "I love you because" jar I made for you. You both laughed and Shawn wiped away the tears falling.

"Baby, you are the best thing to happen to me and I love you so much. You do so much for me and I don't know what I would do without you". Shawn said rubbing your arms.

You smiled at him and made a pouty look as you tried to fight back more tears.

"I love you" you said to Shawn.

"I love you" he said back.

You really couldn't imagine what a world would be without him.

A/n: this one is a shorter one but I thought it was cute and didn't think it needed to be super long. I hope you liked it, if you did make sure to vote and feel free to send me requests. Okay byeeeee.