drunk

The one where Shawn takes care of you when you're drunk

The music was blaring and you were swaying your hips to the beat. You were at a party at one of your best friends' house. It was her birthday and you were celebrating, like you should.

One too many drinks later you were the life of the party, or so you thought. Everything was a little blurry and a whole lot funnier. You were drunk. Very drunk.

There were a lot of people at this party, many people who you knew and you say hi to as they walked by, and a lot of people you didn't know, complete strangers who would smile at you or walk right by you. You hadn't seen the birthday girl since you first got there, she was probably making her rounds and saying hi to everyone. There was one person you had your eye on all night. Shawn.

He was across the room talking to some girl, maybe flirting, you couldn't tell from here. Shawn was one of your best friends and you have secretly had a crush on him for over a year but never said anything in fear of ruining the friendship.

You decided to head to the kitchen to get yourself another drink since the one in your hand was nearly all gone. You made your way through the house to the kitchen and bumped into someone on the way. It was the birthday girl, Hailee!

As soon as you noticed who it was you gave her a big grin. "Heeeeyyyyyyy birthday girlll" you said slurring your words.

"Hey y/n" Hailee said smiling and examining your drunken state. "How much have you had to drink tonight?" She asked.

"Oh i don't knowwww, but I- I feel greatttt" you said giggling.

"Oh boy. Okay I think it's time you took a break" she grabbed the cup from your hand and sat it on the counter. You made a pouting face at her.

She let you through the room and to the front yard so you could get some fresh air. She was half dragging you at this point. As soon as you got outside she sat you down on the front steps and leaned you against the house.

"Stay right there, I'm going to get someone to help you". Hailee left you alone, which might not have been the best idea but you knew that if you tried to stand up on your own, you would most likely go crashing to the ground, so you stayed put and hummed a song in your head and stared at the sky.

A few minutes later Hailee comes back with someone. Shawn. Of course. I mean he was your best friend but you didn't want him to see you like this.

"She's completely wasted, I had to practically drag her out here. I would help her get home but I don't think I am physically able to" Hailee began explaining to Shawn.

"No it's all good. It's your birthday you need to stay and enjoy it. I got her, don't worry. Thanks for coming to get me" Shawn replied back to her.

Hailee knelt down and kissed your cheek "goodnight y/n, get home safe" she said to you. She stood up and gave Shawn a smile before heading back into the house.

"Goodnighhttt Hai-Haileee. Happy Birthdayyy" you started saying as she walked off.

Shawn walked up closer to you and knelt down so his head was level with yours. "Let's get you home, shall we?" He said.

You smiled at him and nodded, your eyes closing slightly. He grabbed your hands and pulled you up from the ground. As soon as you were up you felt the alcohol in your body and you instantly became wobbly. Shawn grabbed onto your side to keep you upright and he put your arm around his shoulders to help balance you as he led you to his car.