the ex

The one where Shawn's ex tries to ruin your relationship.

(this was requested by Emmy)

"Do you Shawn take y/n to be your wife?"

"I do"

"And do you y/n take Shawn to be your husband?"

"I do"

"Then by the power vested in me by the city of Toronto I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride"

And boy did he ever kiss the bride.

That was 3 months ago. You loved thinking back to your wedding, it was the magical experience you always dreamed of and Shawn was the prince you always pictured yourself marrying. Did you expect that prince to be a world famous singer? Absolutely not. But here you were as Mrs. Mendes and you couldn't be more happy.

You and Shawn were loving the newlywed phase, at every event you went to people were always congratulating the two of you and telling you about how wonderful you guys were together. I mean you didn't disagree but it felt good to have someone else say it.

Sure being the wife to a famous singer was stressful, not to mention the young girls who wished they could be you and would do anything for it. Some of them were downright scary. But for the most part most of Shawn's fans were happy that he was happy which meant a slightly less terrifying life for you.

Ever since you started dating Shawn new opportunities seemed to be arising for you. You went from being a broke college student to a broke college grad with companies up in your dms asking you to endorse their products. It didn't take long for your mounds of college debt to go away, and you really did have Shawn to thank for that.

Shawn was at the recording studio one evening and you were sitting on the couch rewatching grey's anatomy for the 3rd time. You were on Instagram going through some of the many dms you had, deleting creepy messages and responding to the sweet ones. You noticed that you had a dm from Camila, Shawn's most recent ex. You thought that was kind of strange since you had never actually spoken to her before.

You opened the message and it was a picture of Camila and a curly haired guy in bed together, you couldn't see the guys face but he had brown hair. Then in a message she sent look who came crawling back.

It was a strange message, why would she be sending you a picture of her hookup?

You responded back to her good for you. You two have fun.

You continued going through your dms when your phone buzzed with another message from Camila.

Oh we are having fun, just like we used to, before you came along ;).

Before you came along. What was that supposed to mean? Was she implying that that was Shawn in the picture because there was no way. I mean it could have been a picture from when they were dating, who knows what pictures she has from then, but even so why would she be trying to make him look like a cheater. You knew that he could NEVER do that.

You responded back to Camila.

I don't know what you're trying to do here but I'm not falling for it. Shawn is loyal and he loves me. Have fun playing your games but I'm not joining.

You sent the message and put your phone away. You were still confused as to what she was trying to accomplish. Surely she didn't think you would actually believe it was him at this moment? You wanted Shawn to come back so you could tell him about it.

About an hour later Shawn returned home. As soon as he came in the door you got up off the couch and went to see him. As you approached you saw a smile form. You put your arms around his neck and gave him a big hug. He wrapped his arms around your torso and hugged back.