no voice

The one where Shawn loses his voice on tour

(This was requested by Khloe)

Night 24. Halfway through. This has been the craziest, coolest and most memorable 24 shows and you were so happy to be able to support Shawn through this. But at the same time you had no idea how exhausting tour could be. You were exhausted so you could only imagine how it was hitting Shawn.

But of course Shawn couldn't tell you. He was too proud, or too stubborn. But he would keep going until he physically couldn't anymore.

Shawn was in his element though. He thrived on tour and he was genuinely having the time of his life.

It was at the halfway point of the concert, night 2 in Toronto. As you watched from the sidelines you could tell something was off with Shawn. He kept fidgeting with his mic and he just seemed uncomfortable. You noticed too that he was a lot quieter than usual. Shawn came off for a quick break and he walked off very upset. He stormed off past you to his dressing room. Something was definitely wrong.

You followed in his direction and knocked on his dressing room door. There was no answer but you opened the door anyways. Shawn was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands and you could tell he was angry. You sat down next to him and gently put your hands on his leg. Shawn grunted loudly.

"What's wrong? You seemed off on stage and you're definitely bothered now". You said to him.

Shawn cleared his throat and tried to talk but it was very rough. "Yeah something is wrong, I'm losing my voice". He pulled his head out from his hands and leaned back on the couch.

"I could feel my voice was off this morning but I ignored it, and now I've been barely singing and these fans are getting a lousy ass concert because I lost my fucking voice. How can I be a singer with no voice?" He explained with very cracked and rough voice.

"Shawn, it's not your fault. You've done 23 shows almost non stop. It's okay to need a break" you said trying to comfort him.

"I need a break but I can't have a break. Do you know how upset people will be if I cancel?"

"It's not cancelling, it's postponing".

Shawn sighs in frustration.

"Shawn listen to me" you grab his hands and force his face in your direction. "Your fans love you. They want what's best for you, always. I think they would prefer you to wait and perform  at your best rather than half ass it until your voice is back. You're not letting anyone down, okay? This is your body telling you to slow down, and you need to listen".

Shawn nodded his head in agreement.

"I'm sure they noticed something was off so go out there and tell them what happened and that they'll get a whole new concert when your better".

Shawn stood up and grabbed his water bottle and gulped some water down. You stood up and followed him out of the dressing room and back to the stage. He gave you a kiss and then walked back on to the stage where the cheers erupted.

Shawn walked over to the mic and cleared his throat before he began to speak with barely a voice.

"Alright everyone I've got some bad news, as you can probably tell from the way I sound I seem to have lost my voice and I want you guys to have the best possible time here and right now I can't give that to you. So I've decided to end here, rest my voice for the next couple of days and go again. This show will be rescheduled and I promise to give you guys, my Toronto fam the best concert possible. I love you all, goodnight" he blows kisses into the air and walks back off the stage.

The fans were cheering mostly, they seem okay with what was said, although I'm sure there's some disappointment as well. You walked back to the dressing room with Shawn.

He turned to you and said "if anyone on management has a problem with this I'm blaming you".

You smiled and gladly accepted that. As long as Shawn was doing what's best for him, you didn't care what anyone else said.

A/n: been a while since I published a story. I have a million ones started and just take forever to finish them. This was a request so I hope you enjoy it. As always if you have any requests please send them to me! I'll try to post more often lol. Okay byeeeee