you're enough

The one where Shawn tells you that you're enough.

You and Shawn were out on a hike. You had found a trail that led you to a waterfall. Once you got there you admired how beautiful it was.

Shawn went to set up his phone on a log nearby and positioned it to face the two of you. He clicked the timer and ran to stand beside you. He placed his arm around neck and pulled you closer to him, your head leaning on his shoulder. You grinned widely as he smiled as well. The camera on his phone clicked and he ran over to grab it.

He showed you the picture and you smiled. It was so cute. You and Shawn had been dating for about 6 months and had plenty of pictures together, but none have ever made it to the internet.

"I wanna post it" Shawn said to you.

Your heart warmed a bit. "Then post it baby"

He smiled at you and bent down to give you a kiss on the cheek.

He clicked some buttons on his phone and then posted the photo. He put his phone back in his pocket and continued on with the hike with you.

*back at the house*

You got back and took a seat on the couch, completely exhausted from the hike you just finished.

You opened your phone and went on Instagram. You saw the picture Shawn posted of the two of you and smiled. You were genuinely happy, and your smiles showed that.

You opened the comments of the post and your smile instantly faded.

"Oh so this is the new girl" "She isn't as pretty" "who is she" "what a downgrade" "those smiles are so fake" "can't believe he chose her" "he can do so much better"

Those were a few of the many negative comments on his post. You've never been one to care about what other people think, but for some reason it was different this time. It hurt. A lot.

Shawn walked over with a glass of water in his hand for you. He sat down next to you and placed the glass of water on the coffee table in front of you. He looked over at you and noticed your downcast face.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

You didn't look at him. "Why are you with me?"

"Babe, what kind of a question is that?" Shawn said, chuckling slightly, as if it was a joke.

You turned to your left and looked at Shawn, your eyes glossy. "Why are you with me? I mean I'm a nobody, I'm not as pretty as your ex, and you could clearly do a lot better than me".

Shawn's mouth gaped every so slightly, as if he was in shock. He placed his hand on your arm and squeezed it lightly. "Baby, you are everything I have ever wanted. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I love you with my whole heart. I don't know what got you thinking like this but whatever it was, it's not true".

You looked down at your phone "all these comments about how I'm a downgrade, and you deserve more than me, I hate that I am taking these to heart because I know it's stupid but I just can't help think that I'm not enough". You sighed.

Shawn took the phone out of your lap and tucked it behind him. He grabbed your hands in his and held them tight. "Y/n look at me".

You lifted your head and faced him, tears starting to fall from your eyes.

"You are the most important person to me. Those comments, they're trolls who like to make people feel bad and who feel like they have to share their opinion on my life, on our life. You are enough. You are more than I deserve and I will try everyday to make sure I am the man you deserve".

You chuckled as tears fell down your face. Shawn wiped away a few tears.

He knew exactly what to say, he was truly the best man you've ever met.

He pulled you towards him and you leaned into him, placing your head on his chest. He played with your hair as he placed gentle kisses to the top of your head.

You are enough.

A/n: hey just wanted to apologize for the lack of content, university has been busyyyy. But I've got plenty of ideas so I've just got to find the time to write them.
Anywho, let me know what you think of this chapter, I thought it was kinda cute. Okay byeeeee