chapter one | "I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty."

"Hello there! I'm Ariel!" the girl in the red wig shouted enthusiastically while waving towards the small child that slowly approached her. "Welcome to my grotto!"

The small girl took her mother's hand into her own as she shyly hid behind her, intimidated by the 'princess' sitting in front of her.

The mermaid gasped falsely as she caught a glimpse of the child's The Little Mermaid shirt, pointing to her body and putting her other hand over her mouth, acting surprised. "Is that me?"

The child began to warm up to Ariel, inching towards her and smiling nervously. She looks up at her mother who was smiling down at her before racing towards Ariel and holding her arms open for her.

"I love your legs!" Ariel swooned, picking up the child and placing her next to her on the rock. "I've always wanted a pair," she frowned, flapping her fake mermaid tail for the child.

"I want to be a mermaid," the girl giggled, wrapping her arms around 'Ariel's' bare torso.

"Just don't make a deal with a sea witch anytime soon!" Ariel put her hands on her hips, making the girl giggle. "Let's take a picture!" Ariel suggested, picking the child up once more and placing her on her lap.

The two smiled towards the camera and wrapped their arms around each other until they saw the flash go off. Ariel placed the child on the ground while holding her small hands.

"I'll sea you later!" Ariel blushed, letting go of the star-struck child's hands and beginning to wave goodbye.

"Lucy!" The 'mermaid' then heard someone shout out. "I mean- Ariel!"

The girl then turned around to see Ashton, the park manager standing there, peaking out behind the slim, fake rock and motioning for her to come towards him.

When Lucy sighed and shrugged, Ashton came out from behind the rock and walked towards the line of people waiting to meet Ariel.

"Ariel has to - uh - go help Flounder for a second!" Ashton struggled for an excuse. "She'll be right back!" he shouted over the children's whining noises.

Ashton walked back to Lucy, picking her up since she couldn't walk while being in the stupid mermaid tail. He brought her from behind the grotto and opened the 'Employees Only' door, sitting her on the bench that sat there.

"We got you a new cast member, Lucy!" Ashton gleamed, smiling towards Lucy as she rolled her eyes. "I can't believe I found one so quick since your old one just quit yesterday."

"Thank God," Lucy groaned, prying the bright red wig off her head. "I couldn't stand to be carried around by you one more day. You can barely open your water bottle versus carrying a girl in a mermaid tail."

Ashton narrowed his eyes, sighing at the insult. "His name is Luke. He was hoping to get a role as a prince, but management isn't sure about it yet since he still looks like he has to go through puberty," Ashton tore the wig from Lucy's grip, putting it back on her head. "This is his test to see if he is Disney World material - you know?"

"Where is this kid?" Lucy whined, taking the wig off again and beginning to scratch her scalp aggressively. "I have an hour wait right now. I need to get back to those sticky brats."

"Watch your tongue, Ariel," Ashton narrowed his eyes at Lucy before shaking his head. "I don't know why kids find you so magical."

It was true - Lucy, also known as Ariel, was known to be one of the best people Disney World has at the moment. She was animated, clever and the kids loved her. But Lucy absolutely despised her job at Disney World. The only reason she stayed was because she was getting the highest pay of all the Disney princesses for being so loved and enjoyed rubbing it in their faces.

Lucy watched Ashton trudge down the hall as she tore off the durag, letting her blonde hair cascade down her bare back.

Ashton pounded his tight first onto the bathroom door where Luke was changing into his get up before sulking. "We don't have all day, Prince Charming."

"I see what you did there," Lucy heard Luke shout through the closed door while chuckling. Lucy rolled her eyes and continued scratching her head and rustling her fingers through her knotted hair.

The door then swung open as Ashton walked away, revealing a tall, blonde figure wearing a sailor costume to the pair. Lucy's eyes widened as she looked at the boy, scanning him up and down.

Luke looked at Ashton and threw his old clothes at him before catching the gaze of Lucy and smirking.

"Well, hello there, princess," Luke smirked, eyeing the girl up and down as she puffed out of annoyance. Lucy sighed and wrapped her hair back up in the durag while turning away from the tall boy. "I'm your new bodyguard, Luke."

Ashton sighed. "You're not a bodyguard, you're a-"

"-I don't care," Luke smiled, walking towards Lucy, who adjusted the bright red wig back into her head and ignoring Ashton. "So tell me, Ariel - is it really better down where it's wetter?"

Lucy raised an eyebrow and turned to Ashton. "And you hired him because?"

"Maybe we could hang out later tonight," Luke smirked, picking Lucy up bridal style and heading towards the door. "I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty."

Lucy turned back to Ashton, waiting for him to do something, but watched him shrug and hold his hands up in defense, not knowing that Luke was a dirty-minded freak.

"Promise me that you won't act like a pervert around the kids," Lucy threw her head back, groaning to herself.

"Promise me that if I go under the sea, you'll get rid of those crabs," Luke smirked, receiving a smack in the chest from Lucy as the headed towards the door.

"I'm working at Disney World to pay my bills, not to find a boyfriend," Lucy shook her head as Luke opened the door and leaned his lips down to her ear.

"Who says that I wanted to be your boyfriend, Ariel?"

-

im sorry this was bad wow

40 VOTES AND 38 COMMENTS IDK

- belallalalal thorne