chapter ten | epilogue

(FIVE YEARS LATER)

One line blurred itself onto the small screen of the pregnancy test.

Lucy felt tears water in her eyes as she threw the plastic strip against the nursery's bright green walls, watching the end of it break off. Lucy fell to the floor, casting her hands over her face as she sobbed into the palms of her hands.

She soon felt two strong arms wrap around her waist and a head place itself on her shoulder gently.

"Sh, baby," Luke cooed into Lucy's ear, trying his best to stop her from crying anymore. "We can just try again and-"

"-This is the ninth time we've tried, Luke!" Lucy screamed into Luke's face, bringing her hands back to her face. "This is hopeless! We're never going to have a baby!"

Luke sighed. "We can adopt one if you want but-"

"-I don't want to adopt!" Lucy spat, standing up from the carpeted floors and abounding Luke's lanky body on the floor. "I want a baby of our own. One that we made together."

"I know, love," Luke frowned, hating to see Lucy so upset. "But life isn't perfect. You know that as well as I do. Maybe we just weren't supposed to have a baby. It wasn't our destiny," he cooed over her muffled sobs, stroking her arm gently. "But all that matters is that I have you and you have me. All we have is each other and-"

"-I want more than each other," Lucy stunted bluntly, sitting in the rocking chair that was placed in the corner of the baby's room.

Luke and Lucy were trying for a baby for six months now. When they were dating three years ago, Lucy would have imagine Luke as her husband with some kids. But she couldn't have kids. It was a curse that made her hate herself.

The two of them decorated the baby room despite having no chance at getting pregnant. There were lions and zebras painted on the walls, a gigantic crib, toys galore and anything else a baby would need. They put all of their life's savings into this and we're so proud of it.

"Life isn't perfect, angel," Luke whispered, stretching his legs out on the baby's room's floor. "If it was, we'd have a baby and some money and I'd have a decent job."

Silence covered the two of them as they just sat in the baby room as heart-eating emotions filled both of their minds.

But soon, Lucy piped back up softly. "I wish we were both little again. Like children - you know? You didn't have to worry about bills, babies, jobs - all you had to worry about was if your favorite stuff animal was missing. Being an adult sucks."

"I wish I was little again," Luke agreed, running his hands through the room's soft carpet. "Life would be a dream come true."

Lucy nodded in agreement for a moment until her eyes lightened up with an idea. "Luke, I've got an idea!"

Luke furrowed his eyes up at the girl who bounced up, her expression immediately changing as she wiped her tears. "What is it?"

"We're going to go where dreams come true!" Lucy rejoiced, bolting out of the room and into their own bedroom of the two-bedroom apartment. "Disney World - where a child never has to grow up! The place with our memories and our immaturity!"

"Lucy," Luke sighed, shaking his head. "I'm banned from Disney World. Remember?"

"Luke, ask me how much I care! It's been years since that happened!" Lucy spat as she raced into her closet, beginning to find something to wear. "Call the grocery store and tell them that you're not going to be in today!"

"Lucy, we don't even have the money!"

"It's just two hundred dollars!" Lucy gleamed happily, trying to perk Luke up. "We'll get it from our savings! Now call in sick!"

Luke whipped out his phone, dialing the manager of the grocery story he bagged groceries at. He told the man that he was sick (he faked a few coughs and a strained voice as Lucy cheered him on) and asked for a day off. Happily, the guy bought it.

So they went to Disney World for the day. They went on the Dumbo ride about 92 times. They met all the princesses. They cut in front of kids in line. They laughed until their stomachs hurt when they saw Mickey Mouse fall face first. It was just perfect. Together - Luke and Lucy.

-

is this cute is this nasty

BUT THANKS FOR READING ARIEL AND MAKING MY ENTIRE HISTORY DISNEY DIRTY PICKUP LINES (yes i looked them up)

I LOVE YOU ALL LOTS BYE